The Student Room Group

Further Maths & Maths

Hi, I'm a year 11 student at the moment who achieved an A* in Maths.

I will be taking Maths and Further Maths in A-Level.

I don't understand the concept about choosing modules. What modules are the best?

Also, how should I plan for Maths and Further Maths? What books should I get? I want two A*'s in these subjects. Maybe an A in Further Maths at minimum.

What books should I get, is there any good revision sites? Would revising an hour a day from the beginning of the year be enough for both Maths and Further Maths?

Sorry for all these questions, I just want to have a head start as I heard that they are quite tough subjects. Thanks!
They're not tough if you're good at Maths; just do the exercises and you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Your college should provide all the books you need really (unless you want to start before AS year begins.)

The only way you'll get that is through going over and over questions and forumlae until you understand and remember how to do them.

Mechanics- Degree in physics or engineering ect.
Stats- Finance or economics

Which modules you pick doesn't particularly matter though, just go for the one you think you will achieve best in (I think anyway, I'm not applying for anything maths related.)
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest