The Student Room Group

Welcome to MUN XV

Welcome to the 15th Session
of the TSR Model United Nations

Welcome to the TSR Model United Nations the leading place on TSR and maybe even the internet for student international political role play. If you've stumbled across us and fancy giving it ago, read below the essential info for joining the MUN and then come and have a go!

WHAT DO WE DO?
As a member you'd be expected to get into debates on international matters, research your country or UNO's position, write resolutions... generally get involved in MUN life. We don't mind new and inexperienced members, or representing minor countries, which are sometimes the most fun, but we do require people to be active and research well.

USEFUL LINKS
FAQs - New Members
Available Positions
MUN Charter/Guidance Document

For more detail information - TSR Model UN Wiki

HOW CAN YOU JOIN?
It’s simple to join up with us - apply to the UN usergroup, it would be good to include who you'd like to represent in the 'Request Reason' however if you don't you'll get a message from the Secretary General or Deputy. The SG or DSG will only refuse your request with good grounds and will PM the reasoning to you after refusing it.To request to join the MUN user group, go to My Account Groups and apply to the UN.

GENERAL RULES
1) Keep in character during debates, nations you represent may hold different opinions to yourself (for example the Iranian rep isn’t going to be militantly pro-gay rights).
2) Stay active we don’t ask a lot but the nature of the MUN does require reps to be actively checking the MUN on a regular basis and posting frequently.
3) Always ask if you need help, the Secretary General and Deputy SG are always open to speak to and a mentoring scheme will be started to help newbies get the hang of things. MUN members are friendly so feel free to ask them in the Chat Thread.
4) Enjoy yourself and remember this is a game on the internet this game is about a group of people with a common interest enjoying themselves so keep things civilized and try not to get too caught up in it.

Here's to a successful and prosperous 15th session!

RoryS
Secretary General
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The MUN will rise again! :biggrin:
Imma do all I can to help you in your term RoryS, I remember when it was fun to be in this forum and I'm sure if we work as a solid unit we can get this going. I have two constitutional changes that I am willing to make and I will be looking for other ways to help with activity, rather than making abstract criticisms which I will hold my hands up to at times.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Let's get this show on the road!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Superunknown17
The MUN will rise again! :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Original post by Cheese_Monster
Imma do all I can to help you in your term RoryS, I remember when it was fun to be in this forum and I'm sure if we work as a solid unit we can get this going. I have two constitutional changes that I am willing to make and I will be looking for other ways to help with activity, rather than making abstract criticisms which I will hold my hands up to at times.

Hopefully it is still fun to an extent! Its not completely boring :lol:

I've received one of them yes, I'll be posting it up shortly.

Original post by Krollo
Let's get this show on the road!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
Reply 5
Looks great!

Perhaps the SC and the DSG could embed this into the welcoming PM/thread when they quote the new MUN member?
Reply 6
Welcome to tes1996, the new representative for South Sudan.

tes1996
Welcome!
Reply 7
Welcome to Kittiara, the new representative for the Netherlands.

Kittiara
Welcome!
Reply 8
Original post by RoryS
Welcome to Kittiara, the new representative for the Netherlands.

Thank you :smile:.
Original post by Kittiara

Very big welcome and I'm very glad you chose to join, good choice of nation too :wink: If you need a buddy, in that the Secretary General is trying to resurrect the buddy system, then I will be here to answer your questions about the forum :smile:
Reply 10
Welcome to FelixTheKat, the new representative for Cuba.
Welcome Kit and Felix, good to see more people signing up :smile:
Reply 12

Welcome!
Reply 13

Nice to see more of the MHoC joining the MUN, welcome :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Very big welcome and I'm very glad you chose to join, good choice of nation too :wink: If you need a buddy, in that the Secretary General is trying to resurrect the buddy system, then I will be here to answer your questions about the forum :smile:

Thank you, C_M! I thought so, too :biggrin:.

And thanks for the offer. I reckon I will have some questions along the way!

Original post by DivinityA
Welcome Kit and Felix, good to see more people signing up :smile:

Original post by Will95206
Welcome!

Original post by Republic1
Nice to see more of the MHoC joining the MUN, welcome :smile:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! :smile:
Reply 15
Welcome to Blue Meltwater, the new representative for Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea).

Blue Meltwater
Welcome!
Original post by RoryS
Welcome to FelixTheKat, the new representative for Cuba.

Thank you
Welcome to Rakas21, the new representative for Mexico.

Rakas21
Welcome!
(edited 10 years ago)
Seeing as I'm now the Deputy Secretary General I feel this role as well as holding two other countries is a bit too much for me so I'm going to step down as representative for Zimbabwe.
Original post by RoryS
Welcome to Blue Meltwater, the new representative for Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea).
Thanks! This will be fun...

Latest