The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Personally i would wait till 24th coz u never know if its a letter or if its an email or if track coz it could take time to send 60 individual confirmations so there is hope up until 24th i hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
My last post was to do with offers, sorry, was confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im really wanting to study Dentistry at Manchester! Unfortunately I have been ill over the last two years and have had to retake this year, and therefore apply next year! Im doing Work experience this year though so it hopefully won't be a wasted year. In my AS I got Chem: A
Physics: B (7 UMS of an A and I got a D in my ISA so hoping to bring that up)
Biology: B

My GCSE's are 1A* 5A 2B 1C

I don't know if my illness and grades will hold me back :/
Reply 103
Original post by pearson1995
Im really wanting to study Dentistry at Manchester! Unfortunately I have been ill over the last two years and have had to retake this year, and therefore apply next year! Im doing Work experience this year though so it hopefully won't be a wasted year. In my AS I got Chem: A
Physics: B (7 UMS of an A and I got a D in my ISA so hoping to bring that up)
Biology: B

My GCSE's are 1A* 5A 2B 1C

I don't know if my illness and grades will hold me back :/

Just so I understand, are you retaking the A2 year or AS year?

And honestly the Manchester admission tutor is lovely. They will consider your mitigating circumstances, just make sure you mention them in your PS, or write them a letter alongside your application, or ask your referee to mention them. Also make sure you meet all the other minimum requirements such as GCSE, work experience, caring voluntary work etc.

I'm here if you need any advice just pm me :smile:
Only applied myself this year but I'm more than happy to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester has started to give out their top 60 offers. My cousin applied and got an offer the day before yesterday :-)
Original post by EnamelAddict
Manchester has started to give out their top 60 offers. My cousin applied and got an offer the day before yesterday :-)

Thanks for telling us! :smile:
Congrats to your cousin! One of the lucky ones to be told early..

Congrats loads, may i ask how they found out, letter email or track, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107

congrats to your cousin! when was your cousin s interview?

plus do you think that manchester has given all of 60 offers out? as in if we haven't got email already - were not in top 60?
Original post by abarlas123
Congrats loads, may i ask how they found out, letter email or track, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

He got an email directly from Teresa Smith.

Not sure if his track was then updated
He got an email directly from Teresa Smith.

Not sure if his track was then updated

Sorry to cut in, but when did he have his interview? Nov or Dec?
Original post by #FutureDentist
Sorry to cut in, but when did he have his interview? Nov or Dec?

December
Original post by cwctam
congrats to your cousin! when was your cousin s interview?

plus do you think that manchester has given all of 60 offers out? as in if we haven't got email already - were not in top 60?

Sorry I have no idea about this! Hopefully you get an offer :-D
Reply 112

Teresa said specifically not to post things like that on the thread? Lol..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, it was not me who got the offer! So I didn't know… Whoops.
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did she say that? Or did she say it to the people with offers lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Teresa didn't say anything like that at my interview nor do I see any disadvantage of people telling other people if they have received offers.
Original post by polozolo123
Teresa didn't say anything like that at my interview nor do I see any disadvantage of people telling other people if they have received offers.

Same! She must of said that to the people who have offers. I presume the people who know this are the ones with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by Kaumal123
When did she say that? Or did she say it to the people with offers lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it was said on the interview day, just out of courtesy to the rest of us who haven't got interviews so we're not sat here all depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
I'm sure it was said on the interview day, just out of courtesy to the rest of us who haven't got interviews so we're not sat here all depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing was said to me at my interview. But I think the 60 offers might go to people who already have AAA. I think they'd be unconditional, not too sure though. Either way, if you don't have an interview you still have a shot as there's a second batch of interviews in February. And if you haven't got an offer there's still hope as you haven't been rejected yet either! So fingers crossed guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Original post by Kaumal123
Nothing was said to me at my interview. But I think the 60 offers might go to people who already have AAA. I think they'd be unconditional, not too sure though. Either way, if you don't have an interview you still have a shot as there's a second batch of interviews in February. And if you haven't got an offer there's still hope as you haven't been rejected yet either! So fingers crossed guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah staying positive :biggrin:
And good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest