The Student Room Group

Is there a lack of natural blonde women in the UK

I have been in the UK for quite a while (1 year about) and have noticed most of the natural looking blondes I meet tend to be from abroad (usually polish, lithuanian, czech, etc).

Is there a reason why so few british women are natural blondes? (I mean real blonde hair not mousy color). Most of the british blondes I have seen have this obviously fake peroxide blonde color, which you can tell isnt natural from about 10 miles away.

Anyways I was trying to find a pretty blonde around and had no success, your opinions about that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Eliogabalus
I have been in the UK for quite a while (1 year about) and have noticed most of the natural looking blondes I meet tend to be from abroad (usually polish, lithuanian, czech, etc).

Is there a reason why so few british women are natural blondes? (I mean real blonde hair not mousy color). Most of the british blondes I have seen have this obviously fake peroxide blonde color, which you can tell isnt natural from about 10 miles away.

Anyways I was trying to find a pretty blonde around and had no success, your opinions about that?

I'm naturally blonde and English and as I am so grateful for my hair colour, I have never dyed it unlike half the nation! I have noticed recently that a lot of people who I believed to be naturally blonde are in fact unsatisfied brunettes, hence their compliance to dying. Many celebrities and public figures have suddenly gone 'bottle' blonde too, and this has directly influenced British society.
So basically us blondes are very rare now! :u: Not that I'm smug or anything... :colondollar: ... GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING A REAL BLONDE!
I could be wrong (anyone who knows feel free to correct me) but I don't think blonde hair has ever been indigenous to the UK. I think you'll find most natural British blondes will at least have some ancestry from northern or eastern Europe going back. Blonde doesn't do well under rain and clouds.
Reply 3
Original post by cuthbert28
I'm naturally blonde and English and as I am so grateful for my hair colour, I have never dyed it unlike half the nation! I have noticed recently that a lot of people who I believed to be naturally blonde are in fact unsatisfied brunettes, hence their compliance to dying. Many celebrities and public figures have suddenly gone 'bottle' blonde too, and this has directly influenced British society.
So basically us blondes are very rare now! :u: Not that I'm smug or anything... :colondollar: ... GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING A REAL BLONDE!

:curious:
Reply 4
Original post by IlexBlue
:curious:

ITS A FEMINIST POST

QUICK

DENOUNCE IT

x
Reply 5
Original post by tehforum
ITS A FEMINIST POST

QUICK

DENOUNCE IT

x

Not sure what's "feminist" about a guy having a worryingly strong preference for hair colour.

I'm dating a natural blonde and I don't even find blonde hair in and of itself that much of a turn on (prefer natural gingers or brunettes herp derp).

The simplest answer is that the blonde phenotype is recessive and thus kind of handicapped against the dominant darker hair colour ones.

Basically blonde hair is fighting an uphill battle to not be out-bred by darker hair.

And agreed, nothing more boring than peroxide blonde.

Wish women embraced their natural hair colours more, BRUNETTE IS ATTRACTIVE LADIES.

im a natural blonde :smile: and My 2 closest friends are also natural blondes, though one of thise is so light blonde she almost looks as if she has dyed her hair!! Mine is more of a golden blonde.
Blonde is recessive so its much rarer, plus a lot of children who are blonde go darker as they age, so there are a lot more natural blondes around that you;d think.... they're just a darker shade these days
x
Not really
Reply 9
I'd say there aren't that many blonde people about, although it does depend on your area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know a lot of natural blondes who dye their hair.
Reply 11
A lot of people who had blonde hair as a child naturally turned into brown hair, such as myself. I remember at first I wanted to deny it and did dye it lighter for a while (talking about 13 years old) but now I've just accepted that it's brown now. But you would be surprised how many people this has happened to.
I used to be proper blonde but my hair decided to morph into ginger-blonde :colonhash: I agree there are very few though.
Reply 13
I have naturally blonde hair. But i'm not a female :frown:
I'm a natural strawberry blonde, does that count?
I'm naturally blonde and female :smile: Most people used to have blonde hair and its now a dark blonde/brown so I feel quite lucky to still be a natural blonde :biggrin:
Reply 16
I mean, if in the UK you find out "a lack of natural blondes" then I don't know what we have here in Southern Europe.
Reply 17
Original post by theorangebox
I could be wrong (anyone who knows feel free to correct me) but I don't think blonde hair has ever been indigenous to the UK. I think you'll find most natural British blondes will at least have some ancestry from northern or eastern Europe going back. Blonde doesn't do well under rain and clouds.

Blonde hair came to the UK when the Vikings (as well as other Scandinavian countries) invaded us and some of their population stayed in the UK. Most natural blondes are outside of the tropics of cancer and capricorn - blonde hair doesn't like the sun - and I know because I am blonde.
Reply 18
Original post by Jjj90
I have naturally blonde hair. But i'm not a female :frown:

same :frown:
Reply 19

Maybe just because Lithuanian blonde girls are looking a million times better than English ones ? :smile: No offence, but I can tell this from my personal experience. Look at Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian girls they all are so much prettier than english girls with tones of make up and fake tan :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending