The Student Room Group

need help explaining

so I am trying to explain why a graph would be curved when the concentration of the reactants are increasing. I am doing the hydrochloric acid and sodium thiosulphate experiment. This is what I have at the moment but it doesn't sound right.

I also predict that the effect of adding particles will decrease the higher the concentration. I believe this because as there are more particles there is less chance of a particle colliding with the opposite particle because it is colliding with particles of the same chemical as itself and they are blocked in by each other so cannot reach the other type of particles. There will still be more collisions per second however, the collision per second for each particle will decrease however. Because of this I predict that my trend line on my graph will be a curve.

Can anybody help?
thanks in advance
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by coatsoft
so I am trying to explain why a graph would be curved when the concentration of the reactants are increasing.

Graph of what?
Reply 3
Original post by Borek
Graph of what?

reaction rate

Quick Reply

Latest