The Student Room Group

Russian @ A-level

Scroll to see replies

Anatheme
Not really, you may even start learning stuff the wrong way, and trust me, you really want to avoid that. Learning the alphabet will be more than enough, as you could get really bored if you started an ab-initio course with a post-GCSE level. Just learn very basic stuff like how to introduce yourself and it will be enough, generally, people don't expect you to know anything about a language you're gonna study ab-initio :smile:

Okay thanks :smile:
I'll learn some basics, and although getting bored at university is a possibility I'd rather be bored than confused/have a heavy workload with a second language too so maybe learning basic grammar could have it's advantages.
Reply 21
BeckyIsOptimistic
Okay thanks :smile:
I'll learn some basics, and although getting bored at university is a possibility I'd rather be bored than confused/have a heavy workload with a second language too so maybe learning basic grammar could have it's advantages.

Mmmh, the thing is that at least you'd focus on it. If you're bored, you're just gonna be like "Meh, I know that *doesn't listen*". My very first grades at uni were worse than my very last grades.
Reply 22
hello!
who has done a russian a level? is it hard? please reply :smile:
Reply 23
Help! I'm a Russian speaker doing Russian a level as self study so AS isn't hard for me. My other subjects are taught in English of course and that is very hard. Can I get into a UK university with biology psychology and Russian? As a Russian. My first school said yes, but where I am studying now says no, that I need another subject and Russian which will take me three years. Ugh! Thanks in advance.
Original post by leecattermole
my friend did engineering at cambridge and supposedly all that she talked about at the interview was Russian. It made her sound so much more interesting than just the usual Maths, F. Maths and Physics

...And she got in!:smile:

That’s exactly what I want to do! Did she do 4 a levels then? Glad she got in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending