The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

LSE vs. Oxford MFE

Hello all,

So I got through the MSc. in Financial Economics programme at the University of Oxford, and I have also applied to the MSc. in Finance and Economics programme at the London School of Economics, although I'm still waiting to hear back from LSE.

Both courses have similar course structure and curriculum (from what I could tell), and let's avoid factoring in the cost differences. That is, I just want to compare the two courses purely in terms of the academic ranking, reputation with future employers, and recruitment guidance and opportunities, especially for careers in front-end investment banking roles.

Also, does being closer to the financial district (as LSE is) really help one's career prospects in the initial stages, as opposed to studying and living in Oxford?

I'd really appreciate any inputs/experiences that you guys could share.

Thanks a lot!
-vkb
Reply 1
Original post by vkb
That is, I just want to compare the two courses purely in terms of the academic ranking, reputation with future employers, and recruitment guidance and opportunities, especially for careers in front-end investment banking roles.

Careers-wise LSE is noted for having the best connections, particularly in this field. Similar regarding academic ranking, LSE seems to be slightly on top. Both have good reputations.

To be honest they are very similar although LSE probably comes out on top. I really think you should consider costs and living, the big difference is the university experience and I'd advice consideration in addition to career prospects...
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
I know someone who's done the Oxford MFE. It sounds like graduates have absolutely no problem finding jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending