The Student Room Group

Philosohy at university

Hey guys, do you think that I would be accepted on to a philosophy or theology course at a top university (If I reach the requirements) with these a levels?

biology
english lang and lit
religious studies
maths
Reply 1
Yes, those are all good A-levels. Ideally you want Eng Lit not Eng Lit and Lang though
Reply 2
Original post by Cucurbita
Yes, those are all good A-levels. Ideally you want Eng Lit not Eng Lit and Lang though

What about doing that as an AS next year?
And will not having it hinder my application
Reply 3
Original post by DanJHunter
What about doing that as an AS next year?
And will not having it hinder my application

I'm confused, are you in year 11 right now?
If you have your heart set on Eng Lit and Lang, then by all means go for it. Eng Lit is more well regarded but you can still get into any university with Eng Lit and Lang.
Reply 4
I'm confused, are you in year 11 right now?
If you have your heart set on Eng Lit and Lang, then by all means go for it. Eng Lit is more well regarded but you can still get into any university with Eng Lit and Lang.

Sorry for any confusion, I am in year 12 :smile:
Reply 5
Sorry for any confusion, I am in year 12 :smile:

Then yes, you are fine. Just do well and you can get in anywhere.
Reply 6
Then yes, you are fine. Just do well and you can get in anywhere.

Ok so final question, would that fact that I had English language and literature over literature actually hinder my application, or would it just be seen as irrelevant, and just preferred?
Reply 7
Ok so final question, would that fact that I had English language and literature over
literature actually hinder my application, or would it just be seen as irrelevant, and just preferred?

Eng Lit is preferred as far as I know. It really doesn't matter that much though. Your grades are more important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending