The Student Room Group

Is grinding cheating?

Scroll to see replies

It's unacceptable in my book and wouldn't want my boyfriend to do such a thing.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you consider grinding on a guy, cheating if the girl has a boyfriend?

yes if I ever saw my partner grinding on someone I'd chuck them on the spot
Reply 62
its not cheating but its pretty close to the line though
(edited 9 years ago)
Its a very arbitrary line. Depends on what line you set down in your own relationship... as with everything else that could be deemed cheating
I don't know if it's defined as cheating or not but I'd be really upset nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd call that cheating. It's physical contact with intent to provide another man with sexual gratification.
i wouldn't want my girl grinding on other guys dicks but sadly many girls seem to think its ok
As a response I would tell her not to do it again, and if she does I'll leave her.
Clearly sets a limit and shows her how I feel about the behaviour.
Yes.
If you wouldn't do it in front of your partner then it's cheating imo.
Of course it's cheating on some level.. Anything that is deemed to be sexual would be cheating and I would think grinding on a guy is deemed to be sexual atleast by him if not by you !!
Reply 71
Close enough imo.
Reply 72
The answer depends on your partner's boundaries, naturally.

If they are cool with it, no problem.

If you know they are not, and you sneak around behind your partner's back... what kind of basis for trust in a relationship is that?

If you do that, despite knowing it would hurt them having discussed this issue beforehand, and you get caught, and get very angry they don't trust you after, since you feel entitled to their trust no matter what you do which violates their boundaries... and you think their expectations are bullsh*t anyway and they are just overreacting and soooo sensitive... please, don't get into another relationship. Save any decent person the pain. Seek a good therapist instead.

Trust is earned by being trustworthy, and not just "in one's own special way", but in a way which measures up to one's partner's standards too.

There are indeed common standards of trustworthiness which any reasonable person would accept before giving trust, and there are consequences for living up to them or failing to. One example of such a reasonable standard of trustworthiness is not behaving like the example above.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes I would consider it cheating

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Yes. As far as I'm concerned, cheating isn't about the physical action, it's about the betrayal.

And when I walked out of the nightclub bathrooms to find my (now ex) boyfriend grinding up on another girl, I felt pretty betrayed! :no:
Maybe not cheating but I'd be pretty annoyed and we'd probably have a "discussion".
Reply 76
The thread is two years old.
It's not cheating, but it's definitely inappropriate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juicy J
Nothing is "cheating", you're free to do whatever you want with whoever you want, regardless of who you're with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. All people should feel the same too, get over yourselves.
No. They're allowed to sleep with whoever they want as long as I'm the official boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending