The Student Room Group

crazy A2 predictions/No extenuating circumstances/should I retake the year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nemesis inferno
If i apply to unis now, and ace my exams in the summer,... presumably i would want to apply to better unis?... wouldn't the unis think im taking the mic so second time i apply they will reject/not give me an offer whe i use them for insurance?

with my current AS grades i cant really apply to uni's i considered before/ ones i would want to go to...

So I would say you have two options.

1. Go through clearing or adjustment

2. Apply next year with confirmed A Level grades

Depends if you just want to go to any uni or if you want to go to a better uni which you feel is in your grasp but not atm but you will get there by doing better in summer.
Reply 21
No offence but I doubt those predictions will be taken seriously.

For Oxbridge/Imperial, your best best is to apply post A-levels and get A*A*A in the summer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Omg no don't retake the year! Your AS grades aren't horrific, some people I know are carrying onto a2 with three D's at AS. Imo you should continue with maths, physics and chem since yyou've achieved the best grades in them. Retake an exam in the subject you got a C in to try and achieve an overall AS grade of a B, then just revise your ass off and get those A's for your A2. I'd also recommend putting ucas off this year and taking a gap year, that way you can take the full further maths alevel and get some relative work experience :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
The reason why predicted grades are flawed

Quick Reply

Latest