The Student Room Group

1st interview ever at river island

Hello guys.

Pls pls pls pls I have my first job interview ever at river island. I am a bit overwhelmed at what everyone keeps telling me. So if any one reading this has worked there. Is working there and can help me with what to expect like the question they will ask. And how best to answer them. What to wear. And anything else I might find helpful.

thanks
Original post by Ennygirl
Hello guys.

Pls pls pls pls I have my first job interview ever at river island. I am a bit overwhelmed at what everyone keeps telling me. So if any one reading this has worked there. Is working there and can help me with what to expect like the question they will ask. And how best to answer them. What to wear. And anything else I might find helpful.

thanks

[INDENT]I had my group interview on thursday. We had to go around the group and introduce ourselves, I volunteered to go first which the manager said was good. We were then split into 3 groups. There were 4 people in my group and we had our 1 to 1 interviews first. The interview was easy, he asked questions like 'when have you delivered good customer service?' etc and then about availability.
The next thing my group did was answer questions together and discuss the questions that were on a sheet of paper. They were about customer service. With that one, try to give input but don't be too controlling or over-powering because you need to show you can work in a group.
The last task was to go out onto the shop floor, we were then given a celebrity and had to choose and outfit for them and we had to choose the occasion for them to wear it. I wad Sharon Osborne so just did an xfactor outfit.
That was all it was and it was 1 and a half hours long. I was offered the job yesterday so if I could get it, anyone could! Remember to be confident but not cocky and talk about how the customers come first and you like meeting and talking to new people- that's what I did.
With what to wear, go onto their get the look section on their website and see what's in and what they're selling and try to wear something that's in from there. It doesn't have to be from river island but just wear something that's in now. I wore a white jumper with a tartan scarf and leather jacket, black skinny jeans and black boots.
Good luck![/INDENT]

Quick Reply