The Student Room Group

Need a little help

Hi guys, i'm new to all this so i'll try explaining my problem as well as I can. :smile:

I didn't do the best in School and got D's in both my Maths and English exams but did Level 2 Numeracy and Adult Literacy. My tutor just recently told me that a lot of uni's will not accept this, so I am worrying.

I have found a few University's that would be willing to accept me for a foundation year so that I can then complete a Software Engineering degree. Many of the foundation years only require a PPM in a BTEC but some also want C's in English and Maths.

My tutor has said that I would be able to do a functional skills level 2 and that some uni's accept this qualification, is this true?. I'm aiming for at least DMM from my BTEC and would love to do Functional Skills Level 2 if this would be accepted by some University's.

So far I only have 3 University's on my choices list and would like another 2, ideally ones that require more UCAS points, accept functional skills and can push me to work hard.

Instead of relying on what your tutor says, look at university websites, and email admissions departments. They will be able to tell you exactly what qualifications in maths and English they will and won't accept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending