The Student Room Group

What milk do you drink?

Scroll to see replies

The milkman delivers soya but have to say rice milk or coconut are the tastiest non dairy types
Reply 61
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Soya. I'm lactose intolerant, and hate the taste of milk anyway :tongue:

Wahey, now I don't feel like such a reject for breaking social norms!
Reply 62
Full-fat. Real men don't drink skimmed milk.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/168904
I always drank skimmed milk in England but I don't trust milk in China. Even when I've had a banana milk from the supermarket I feel a bit ill so milk's a no go this year for me
Fatfree or skimmed jerseymade milk
Semi-skimmed.

I read somewhere that over the past decade the fat content of milk has been decreased... So the semi skimmed of ten years ago had the same fat content as 'full fat' today, and skimmed ten years ago had the same fat content as semi skimmed today.

Before long we'll all be adding water to our cereals thinking its full fat milk :colondollar:
does chocolate milk count?
Reply 67
Soy milk (rarely), almond milk or any other nut milk.
The real one. Full fat lol. If you guys think that is rich then you should try milk fresh from the cow or camel milk
Reply 69
Original post by Inzamam99
The real one. Full fat lol. If you guys think that is rich then you should try milk fresh from the cow or camel milk

I used to have milk fresh from the cow when I was at a friends house (she had a farm) and it's so nice but I think I'd find it a bit much to drink every day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Red or orange one :-)
Original post by Harley
I used to have milk fresh from the cow when I was at a friends house (she had a farm) and it's so nice but I think I'd find it a bit much to drink every day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to live in Pakistan where my uncles and granddads all have their own farms, the fresh milk actually tastes surprisingly different from the one sold in supermarkets and very heavy and rich. My sister who was born in England can't really stomach it.
Reply 73
Original post by justmyself
It was on TV, "Would I lie to you" where Sarah Milican was like "FULL FAT MILK?" No one has full fat milk in this day and age" or something like that. I watched it last night :smile:

Semi-skimmed, our family gave up on it when I was 8 I think.

I don't think it was this, I remember them being very serious about it. Or maybe I'm wrong. I'm gonna watch that episode and see :tongue:

Original post by Sphodromantis
Semi skimmed, being diabetic makes us sensitive to sugar.

My mum is type 1 and she makes a face if she's offered anything but full fat milk. Then again she's extremely strict on having diet drinks (never had non diet until I was a teenager because she didn't buy something she couldn't drink) and chocolate bars, whereas other diabetics I know are allowed these, so maybe full fat milk is her one concession.
Original post by IlexBlue
Full fat. Used to live on semi-skimmed, but switched to full fat after realising how helpful it is for weight gain/ maintaining weight.

I'm exactly the same! A year or two ago when I was fed up of being so skinny, I decided to find ways of gaining weight, one of them being switching from semi-skimmed to full fat milk. And I think it's worked, because I have managed to put on some weight and it's great :biggrin:. Plus, full fat tastes creamier and nicer too :yum:. I've also tried Jersey (gold cap) milk a few times, and that's even fattier and creamier, so a nice occasional treat :h:.
Reply 75
Protein shake is the only white stuff that passes the lips of alphas.
semi-skimmed
Both whole and semi, depending on what takes the fancy at the precise moment that I buy it.

Used to drink UHT milk when I was in France and Spain. Bit of a learning curve, but you get used to it..
Reply 78
[video="youtube;bFDqW0Nfo2k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFDqW0Nfo2k[/video]
Reply 79
Original post by Alpha brah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFDqW0Nfo2k

I'd have thought an alpha brah such as yourself would go for:

[video="youtube;I7NnyYKbGx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7NnyYKbGx4[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest