The Student Room Group

Squats and Scooby Snacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja
I meant Asian style in the sense of an arranged marriage. It works :wink:

I don't think the stay at home mum exists for any cultures atm because the cost of living is so high and women have ambitions too. Times are changing bro

Look forward to the cut progress! Pics would be good

Sent from my HTC One

I think I need an arranged marriage. Takes the social awkwardness problems away...

I'll get some over the weekend. Watch this space.
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Decided to be a bro and take an obligatory post workout picture.

3.jpg

Helllllooooo Beautiful.
I think I need an arranged marriage. Takes the social awkwardness problems away...

Original post by KelseyLoveday
Helllllooooo Beautiful.

I've sorted it guys, weddings on Saturday at my house. All fitness members from TSR invited.
Lol
Areeb the matchmaker. Screw medicine you've found your calling

Sent from my HTC One
Lol

Sent from my HTC One

Nah, mate. Pretty sure that Hitch was a doctor. Finish your degree then become a matchmaker, Areeb.
Lol

Sent from my HTC One

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Nah, mate. Pretty sure that Hitch was a doctor. Finish your degree then become a matchmaker, Areeb.

will do. I'm a natural at this.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I've sorted it guys, weddings on Saturday at my house. All fitness members from TSR invited.

Hahahahahaha
Original post by KelseyLoveday
Hahahahahaha

Sounds like a yes to me. What do you guys think?

Sent from my HTC One
If you guys can give me some tips to improve my squat, that would be great- it's been stuck on 90kg for like a month.
Original post by Inzamam99
If you guys can give me some tips to improve my squat, that would be great- it's been stuck on 90kg for like a month.

Have you tried deloading yet?

Sounds like a yes to me. What do you guys think?

Sent from my HTC One

I've already picked out a tux.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Inzamam99

I feel honoured that you would ask for squat tips in my thread. Having said that, I'm **** at squatting.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Have you tried deloading yet?

I've already picked out a tux.

Well I have been training for 2 months and took a week off (although unwillingly- I was just really busy) about 3 weeks ago.
I feel honoured that you would ask for squat tips in my thread. Having said that, I'm **** at squatting.

Maybe we should create a "**** at squatting" hyperthread lol.

It's weird cos my deadlift has gone up 10kg to 120kg at the same time and bench has also gone up...
When you say you've been stuck at 90kg...

What exactly do you mean?

Have your reps been going up? Or have you literally been stuck at 90kg, hitting the same reps each workout, for the past month?

How many times have you squatted and not progressed? My workouts fluctuate all the time.

If your reps are going up, your making progress. If you've been stuck at the same reps, at 90kg, for the past month. You're obviously doing something wrong.

It could be bad recovery? As in not eating enough/sleeping enough/too much stress. etc. Although if your other lifts are going up, I doubt that is the main cause... Although it may be a factor?

It could be as simple as not pushing yourself hard enough when you squat? Are you going balls to the wall and training close to, if not to actual failure each set?

Could be really weak core strength? Or other weaknesses? You're only as strong as your weakest link.

Like I say though, I'm **** at squatting.
6th December 2013

Cutting - Day 1:frown:

So I feel pretty crappy today. Still not fully recovered from being ill, and I'm so far from being in ketosis that I want to cry. Dat hunger. A couple of days time and all will be well.

Attempted to go for a run at lunch time (LOL), I had grand plans of a nice 5km jog. I managed 1km before I got crippling shin splints and had to limp home in pretty bad pain. I'm so dehydrated from being ill this week it's ridiculous!

Skip to the good bit

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps -

Chest:

Barbell bench press -
80kg X 13, 10, 7

Incline barbell bench press -
60kg X 20, 10, 8

Dumbbell incline bench press -
20kg X 15, 12, 10

Shoulders:

Hammer press -
30kg X 15, 10, 9

Side lateral raises(standing) -
10kg X 12, 9, 8

Triceps:

Skullcrushers -
EZ bar + 20kg X 13, 11, 9

Dips -
Bodyweight X 10, 6

Cardio :frown:.....

10minutes on the exercise bike... 10 minutes was all I could manage before the boredom became unbearable. Semi makes up for my fail of a run, although not really...
Cardio in the gym is just never happening, again. Ever.

Overall, really light session. Felt pretty pooped though.

Got some godly pump too. Never been so pumped off so little volume.

Low carb fun!
I know you're all super jealous of what I ate for lunch.

Yum.jpg

Do you even greens?
I know you're all super jealous of what I ate for lunch.

Yum.jpg

Do you even greens?

Hey mate, you got any tips for improving pull ups? They're my worst lift, I can pretty much do none.
scooby's thread is now the ask fitness questions thread.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
scooby's thread is now the ask fitness questions thread.

..and relationship advice

the troll of the fitness forum has gone full circle lol

Quick Reply

Latest