The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3 Revision Thread for June 2014.

I'm not sure whether a thread of this nature has already been created but I'm starting a new one anyway.

Welcome to the revision thread for AQA PSYA3 for the exam in June 2014.
Please, discussion is encouraged so don't be late to reply!

Why not start off with which three topics your covering.
I'm studying Sleep and Bio Rhythms, Aggression and Eating Behaviours.

What about you? Do you have any predictions as to what may or may not be asked next year? Do you want or need revision help?

PS. I would prefer it if you quoted me as neccessary because I'm often too lazy to notice whether a thread has been updated unless someone replies to me directly! :wink:

Don't forget to leave positive rep and more importantly have a positive mental attitude ready for the exam so you can acheive what you deserve!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Bump.
Well.jpg
Reply 4
I have a psych mock tomorrow and wanted to check, if I've a 4 marker, 'outline research into institutional aggression' can I use the importation/deprivation models as research?

thanks!
Original post by michaellaf
I have a psych mock tomorrow and wanted to check, if I've a 4 marker, 'outline research into institutional aggression' can I use the importation/deprivation models as research?

thanks!

Yes, but for a four mark you are better off just outlining an actual study in detail including procedure in brief but focusing on findings!
Reply 6
How are you all revising? Also is it okay to use one key study (eg Bandura's bobo doll study for SLT) and just evaluate it or do we need to use lots of 'little' studies? Thanks.
Original post by LeaX
How are you all revising? Also is it okay to use one key study (eg Bandura's bobo doll study for SLT) and just evaluate it or do we need to use lots of 'little' studies? Thanks.

I'm revising for my January mock PSYA3 starting now by using cue cards, practicing exam questions and creating mindmaps from memory and then checking back over them with my notes to add anything I missed out.
What about you?

You can use just one study so long as it is described in sufficient detail.
You do not need to list the whole aims and procedure thing like in AS but do not assume that the examiner knows who you are mentioning.

From looking at the examiner reports, they want you to use research findings to prove or disprove a model/theory/point etc so use the one study effectively.
Hi, I was just going over institutional aggression and went to check a mark scheme on aqa for it and it says we have to talk about importation and deprivation models yet there is nothing in the textbook about this, its purely situational and individualistic (dispositional). help!
Reply 9
Nicole, Importation is dispositional which is the idea that aggressive characteristics are imported into institutions. For example Charles Bronson has imported aggressive characteristics into his maximum security prison which is a reason for institutional aggression. Think of it as a cd being imported into iTunes and all the songs being different characteristics/aspects of a person and there aggressive tendencies.
I too have never heard of deprivation so I will just go with Zimbardo's power of the situation and dehumanising labels. Hope this helps. Good luck to all.
the derivation model talk about situation aggression. It suggests a lack of basic needs such as control, hetro-sexual relationships, goods, security etc. will manifest itself as frustration which becomes aggression directed at staff.
the importation model suggests we bring personality traits into institutions with us i.e. gang culture will persist in prisons, lowe education and unemployment creates aggression (Kane) as does alcohol dependancy. So basically, our personality traits will lead to aggression, not situation.

hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending