The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Finding it hard to find information on anyone applying for the 2014 intake of nursing for universities in Northern Ireland. Seeing a lot of English uni's gave already started their interviews, would love to hear from others applying to queens and Magee.

Scroll to see replies

I emailed Queens re my application and all I got told was to make sure I submitted my application via ucas?
Keep checking the university forum threads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hiya!

I applied last year for nursing - only to magee! I got an interview, scored well and theres lots of hoops to jump through. I found out I was successful for interview in January and got my interview for March 15th and I found out over easter break I didn't get in. They then break the unsuccessful candidates into two groups. The ones who scored well but they didn't have a place to offer - get on the reserve. Those who did not score well, got offered a new degree on health thats running at magee this yr. I'm currently a first yr psych student.....Reapplying this yr but going for mental & adult at magee....and then midwifery, childrens and adults at queens....as last yr I only applied for nursing at magee. Wishing us all the very best!!! :smile: xxx
It does seem to be very competitive to get in!
Seems like there is a lot of applications but im keeping everything crossed i can get onto my course!
Just struggling with my personal statement at the min, how stressful!
Reply 4
Original post by Toraberry
Hiya!

I applied last year for nursing - only to magee! I got an interview, scored well and theres lots of hoops to jump through. I found out I was successful for interview in January and got my interview for March 15th and I found out over easter break I didn't get in. They then break the unsuccessful candidates into two groups. The ones who scored well but they didn't have a place to offer - get on the reserve. Those who did not score well, got offered a new degree on health thats running at magee this yr. I'm currently a first yr psych student.....Reapplying this yr but going for mental & adult at magee....and then midwifery, childrens and adults at queens....as last yr I only applied for nursing at magee. Wishing us all the very best!!! :smile: xxx

Hi there :smile: what all did you apply for last year? and can you remember when you ucas was sent off? my college has just told me today that our ucas wont be sent off until christmas!! I have mine completed and ready to go and angry that i cannot send it off now :frown: thanks for all the information it is so hard to find any info for the northern ireland uni's! wonder what that health degree was, thanks again for your help xx
Reply 5
I applied last year and made it to reserve List at queens for LD branch. Trying again this year... But trying to not be as stressed about it all this year. The process is so long and drawn out and I was exhausted with the mental torture of refreshing my emails for weeks checking if my ucas had updated. My ucas was sent off on 1/11 last year and I was one of last to hear back about interview so don't worry about when it's sent in as long as it's before ucas deadline :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Butternuts
I applied last year and made it to reserve List at queens for LD branch. Trying again this year... But trying to not be as stressed about it all this year. The process is so long and drawn out and I was exhausted with the mental torture of refreshing my emails for weeks checking if my ucas had updated. My ucas was sent off on 1/11 last year and I was one of last to hear back about interview so don't worry about when it's sent in as long as it's before ucas deadline :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovely to hear from you, thanks for the reply. I am so stressed mentally and mentally tired from the whole ucas process, I sent of my application today. It is now a waiting game. Did you get an interview last year? Never thought applying for university would be so hard. When did you hear back from queens lSt year? And when was your int? Is hard not knowing anything about the whole process , so would love to hear back from you xx
Just got all excited to see an email in my junk box.. was an acknowledgement from Ulster saying thank you for my application. Least thats something :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got any interviews yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxlou_lou96xx
Has anyone got any interviews yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think they're sending out interviews until after the deadline date from what people have been saying. :no:
Waiting is annoying to say the least!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I thought I just got rejection as I got email about ucas track! But they just changed the date for feb intake from 2014 to 2015...anyone else have the same mini heart attack?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I thought I just got rejection as I got email about ucas track! But they just changed the date for feb intake from 2014 to 2015...anyone else have the same mini heart attack?!

YES! Several times, apparently UCAS had a technical fault and were sending them out to a lot of people by mistake. I'm reapplying for nursing at Queens this year, hoping to get into children's fingers crossed. I first applied in 2011 when it was direct entry and passed the interview and got in but decided not to take it as I didn't think I was ready. I then started a history degree the following year in Queens as I thought teaching would be a better route for me however had to leave in order to care for my grandfather. After my experience I tried for nursing again last year through ucas but didn't even get an interview so this will be my third time applying. I emailed admissions with all my qualifications and they said they would consider my application so here's hoping I can get another interview and get started!
Reply 12
Hi guys! Im reapplying for my third year running, for magee and queens though! got on the reserve last year for magee and not even an interview from queens, queens is were i would rather go because it is closer to home but the adventure of moving to londonderry would be exciting! i got told about my interview for magee around mid feb last year and it was scheduled about mid march and we found out by the end of march if we got an offer or not and queens, i didnt hear from them until the very last minute and it was a rejection not an interview date! So fingers crossed this year i get somewere, good luck everyoneee!
Reply 13
Does anyone remember grade criteria for entry this year? I'm 100% when I checked before applying for queens it was bcc. I was just on their website looking out of boredom and it now says bbc 😔 I'm hoping this has only changed whenever ucas deadline was met and is for next year but it says 2014 entry. I'm panicking as I didn't get my c grade by 1 mark in an alevel last year and it means that in to two exams I'm sitting il have to get an a to come out with a b grade instead of getting the c I was originally aiming for. 😑 please someone tell me that the grade requirements I originally saw were right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I checked before applying and it was BCC with a science, BBC without a science. It still says the same on the Queens website at the moment so I'm assuming it's correct.

So relieved to hear Queen's is notoriously slow. I'm applying for Mental Health nursing in both Magee and QUB, but my heart is set on Queen's. What type of hoops do they make you jump through? I'm getting more and more anxious as I recently talked to a friend who has had two rejections from QUB.
Reply 15
Great I checked back a few months ago, and it was defo bcc I thought. My boyfriend was with me when I checked and he's saying the same as me. means I have to try and get a grade, which I'm unhopeful for :/ frustrating! Il look into doing the access course next year incase I don't make grade requirements and try working my butt off to see if I manage a miracle lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Your right I must have just misread it!

What are my chances of going from a d-b grade in alevel 🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
That will obviously depend on whether you're repeating any of your exams and the amount of work you put in. I remember when I was doing my AS levels forever ago, I did increase my mark at A level without repeating - I went from a B to an A, so it wasn't TOO much of a leap.
If you work hard or if you have the chance to repeat any modules, you might be okay?
Reply 18
I did it part time last year and was 1 mark below my c grade I needed that's why I didn't get place last year of reserve list- I am resitting the entire a2 year again as an external candidate. But have been caring for my dad who has just passed away recently so have to fit the work in from now to June... I decided to change topics I'm going to sit in exam to make it more interesting for myself as I was doing units like eating last year and would find likes of schizophrenia more interesting. I will work hard obviously ( done 7 hours straight last night while on night shift ) I'm just worrying il miss out again as I was so close last year and know 1 mark changed everything! I have registered my interest in an access course at serc for a back up plan next September so that no matter what il be doing something positive towards nursing... Let's hope I manage to pull it off as I want to get started on course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Great I checked back a few months ago, and it was defo bcc I thought. My boyfriend was with me when I checked and he's saying the same as me. means I have to try and get a grade, which I'm unhopeful for :/ frustrating! Il look into doing the access course next year incase I don't make grade requirements and try working my butt off to see if I manage a miracle lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to have a two year break from education before starting an access course

Quick Reply

Latest