The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Are Magee sending out invites via post or email?
Hope I get to interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
Are Magee sending out invites via post or email?
Hope I get to interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Via email! Fingers crossed :smile:
U from Ulster :frown: Let's hope I ace my QUB interview now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
U from Ulster :frown: Let's hope I ace my QUB interview now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that sucks. Don't be too disheartened though. I had an interview (and an unsuccessful) from Magee and managed to ace a Queens interview and get a place. I always heard Queens was more difficult to get into so I really didn't rate my chances when Magee said no. They look for entirely different things though, I know people who got rejected from Queens last year that are now studying at Magee whereas I'm the other way around.

When is the Queens interview?
Original post by hipbones
Ah, that sucks. Don't be too disheartened though. I had an interview (and an unsuccessful) from Magee and managed to ace a Queens interview and get a place. I always heard Queens was more difficult to get into so I really didn't rate my chances when Magee said no. They look for entirely different things though, I know people who got rejected from Queens last year that are now studying at Magee whereas I'm the other way around.

When is the Queens interview?

Its for the 28th Feb, so im looking forward to it. I'd love to get in! But everyone keeps saying Queens is mega hard to get in to so now im like oh crap, if ulster dont want me will queens and tees (where I've had another interview)
I've applied for l.d nursing so massive fingers and toes crossed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Its for the 28th Feb, so im looking forward to it. I'd love to get in! But everyone keeps saying Queens is mega hard to get in to so now im like oh crap, if ulster dont want me will queens and tees (where I've had another interview)
I've applied for l.d nursing so massive fingers and toes crossed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had went for my Magee interview and got my unsuccessful before I'd even had my queens interview so I know what you mean. Everyone told me Queens were the ones who were hard to impress and difficult to get into so getting turned down by Magee made me think the worst. Turns out Queens thought I have what it takes and gave me a place.

If that's the only branch you've applied to I'd try and wangle LD into your answers - the q's arent branch specific but it'll make it clear to them that's the only branch you are after. Im doing Childrens nursing but I'm on a LD placement at the min and it's a real eye-opener and something I've not experienced before.
Original post by hipbones
I had went for my Magee interview and got my unsuccessful before I'd even had my queens interview so I know what you mean. Everyone told me Queens were the ones who were hard to impress and difficult to get into so getting turned down by Magee made me think the worst. Turns out Queens thought I have what it takes and gave me a place.

If that's the only branch you've applied to I'd try and wangle LD into your answers - the q's arent branch specific but it'll make it clear to them that's the only branch you are after. Im doing Childrens nursing but I'm on a LD placement at the min and it's a real eye-opener and something I've not experienced before.

Any advice for Queens interviews?
Reply 87
Interview for magee and queenz.... :smile: :frown: :smile:
hiim caoimhe applied to uu got an interview for 3rd of march
how are you getting on with it :smile:
Reply 89
An interview for 5th march for uu! just waiting for queens now!
Got an interview for UU on the 11th! (Can no longer go to Beyonce now lol :frown: Career first eh!)

Queens interview is next week though... gonna have a nervous breakdown thinking about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Oh no that's sucks, Beyoncé is amazing live as well! :-(
Is the concert the night before your interview or after it? Is there no way you still not make the concert?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butternuts
Oh no that's sucks, Beyoncé is amazing live as well! :-(
Is the concert the night before your interview or after it? Is there no way you still not make the concert?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The interview is at 4pm the day of the concert and it's in Dublin... so not happening :frown: Just unfortunate! Glad I got an interview though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Aww no way! That's such a shame :-( if only you had a helicopter lol your sacrifice will hopefully be worth it though! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
[QUOTE=caoimhe:)[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];46433617]mines is in the 3rd
what prep are you doing questions just yeah :confused:
:smile:

Yeah ive been to uu for two interviews before so sorta know what they ask which is good
Original post by sophiegourley
i got an interview for magee on the 10th of March, anyone else the same? Nervous already!

ohh i have an interview on the 11th of march in magee for adult nursing :biggrin:...make sure and let us no your questions :smile:
does anyone know if Queens send you a letter to say you've been unsuccessful or do you just find out through UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Has anyone any interview tips for queens got one next week? Im nervous:P
Reply 98
Original post by maidzlahh
Has anyone any interview tips for queens got one next week? Im nervous:P

Apparently, like most job interviews, it's very focused on experience and they expect you to answer by giving examples from your experience.
Apart from that I'm just as clueless as you about it!
I would expect it to be tailored to the course youre applying, but like others also asking about why you want to do it etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending