The Student Room Group

physics equations?

Hi this is my first post on TSR so sorry if its not that great. Anyway im studying A2 Edexcel physics, i got a D at AS (but im retaking the mechanics exam so hopefully itl go up), and i dont study a level maths. So basically my question is, are all of the equations on the exam sheet where given the only ones we will need or are there more i need to memorise? I frequently find myself not knowing what equation to use on homework and in the lessons and i just wanna do everything i can to make sure i get my target grade, and i dunno if theres things im not memorising that i should be ?
Reply 1
Original post by f.atkin
Hi this is my first post on TSR so sorry if its not that great. Anyway im studying A2 Edexcel physics, i got a D at AS (but im retaking the mechanics exam so hopefully itl go up), and i dont study a level maths. So basically my question is, are all of the equations on the exam sheet where given the only ones we will need or are there more i need to memorise? I frequently find myself not knowing what equation to use on homework and in the lessons and i just wanna do everything i can to make sure i get my target grade, and i dunno if theres things im not memorising that i should be ?

Welcome,

The formula sheets contain all you need - there's no need to remember the formulas as such... you do need to remember what the letters stand for in each formula and you need to be able to algebraically manipulate them to change the subject.

imo the sheets replace one problem with another - on the edexcel sheet you're given

ΣF=ma
g=F/m
W=mg

this is 3 ways of saying the exact same thing, which I used to remember as F=ma when I was doing A level.

Print off a copy of the sheets and practice doing some exam questions until you're confident - you can ask here if you get stuck, someone will pick it up (probably not me though as I'm not able to log on as much since they brought in the animated pseudo-menus)

Quick Reply

Latest