The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

applying to both IR and IR and history? anyone who has and/or has gotten in doing so

hey guys,

so how do you think LSE will view it if I apply both to the International Relations and History course and just the International Relations course? I know you probably don't know, but figured I'd ask. Usually applying to multiple courses at one university can seem indecisive, but I think in this case it's understandable as they are essentially the same thing, except one includes a history component. does anyone else have any experience with this or know someone who got in to one of these courses having applied to both? thanks
Reply 1
Original post by silonthesofa
hey guys,

so how do you think LSE will view it if I apply both to the International Relations and History course and just the International Relations course? I know you probably don't know, but figured I'd ask. Usually applying to multiple courses at one university can seem indecisive, but I think in this case it's understandable as they are essentially the same thing, except one includes a history component. does anyone else have any experience with this or know someone who got in to one of these courses having applied to both? thanks

Please note that you'll only be given an offer for ONE of these courses. So it's probably not a good idea to apply for both. I know for a fact that IR is incredibly competitive.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
it's fine to be given an offer for ONE of those courses. the question is will my application be considered in light of BOTH those courses so that if I am unsuccessful for ONE of them, I may still be considered for THE OTHER. anyways, I think you replied to my post in the main LSE entry thread, so provided that you did actually ask an admissions adviser and he did actually say that they'll consider both but only make you an offer for one if they choose to accept you, then that's all I needed to know. (p.s. sorry if I sound like a dick, just quit smoking. makes me a down right prick lately.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending