The Student Room Group

Natural Sciences Applicants 2014

I couldn't find anywhere else to talk about this, so... Has anyone else here applied for Natural Sciences? I wasn't too sure where to put the thread, but the title here says 'science' in it so that seemed like the best fit...

I've applied for Natural Sciences at Lancaster, Nottingham, Durham and Leicester, and Flexible Combined Honours at Exeter. One offer so far! :biggrin: Lancaster.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied for Natural Sciences at Cambridge, Durham, Bath, UCL and Mathematics and Physics at St Andrews. Only heard from Cambridge so far, got an interview. Has anyone received any offers from the other four? Should I be worried about not hearing anything from them yet?..

Well done on your offer from Lancaster!
Reply 2
Original post by PhillWinch
I have applied for Natural Sciences at Cambridge, Durham, Bath, UCL and Mathematics and Physics at St Andrews. Only heard from Cambridge so far, got an interview. Has anyone received any offers from the other four? Should I be worried about not hearing anything from them yet?..

Well done on your offer from Lancaster!

Thank you! I got an offer from Nottingham today too xD But that one's A*AA. All of the entry requirements are so high! I haven't heard from Durham yet, either.

Good luck in your interview!
Reply 3
I've applied to Birmingham, Nottingham, Bath, Exeter and Leeds (all 4 year intergrated masters except Bath which is sandwich year)!
College only sent my application off today, so I'm yet to get any offers! What A-levels are everyone doing?
Reply 4
Original post by izzyb96
I've applied to Birmingham, Nottingham, Bath, Exeter and Leeds (all 4 year intergrated masters except Bath which is sandwich year)!
College only sent my application off today, so I'm yet to get any offers! What A-levels are everyone doing?

Yay, another person! Good luck with your application.

I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths and I did German to AS. How about you? And which track did you choose at Nottingham?
Reply 5
Original post by Kathiye
Yay, another person! Good luck with your application.

I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths and I did German to AS. How about you? And which track did you choose at Nottingham?

Currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry and did Music to AS :smile: I havent actually chosen yet, I just chose the general one I think!
Reply 6
Original post by izzyb96
Currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry and did Music to AS :smile: I havent actually chosen yet, I just chose the general one I think!

That sounds like a difficult combination of subjects! I didn't know that there was a general one. ABC for me - Archaeology, Biology and Chemistry. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kathiye
That sounds like a difficult combination of subjects! I didn't know that there was a general one. ABC for me - Archaeology, Biology and Chemistry. :smile:

its alright, not looking forward to 12 exams in the summer though! i'm probably going to choose Maths, Physics and Chemistry (makes sense) if I get an offer there!
Reply 8
More natural scientists! I'm planning on doing the GBM pathway - Geography, Biology and Maths. Got an offer for AAA! So excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by kendellex
More natural scientists! I'm planning on doing the GBM pathway - Geography, Biology and Maths. Got an offer for AAA! So excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done! is that from nottingham? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzyb96
well done! is that from nottingham? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! I really want to go there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by kendellex
Yeah! I really want to go there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope I get AAA as well! I havent actually been to look round yet, but if I an offer I'll go on a visit day I think! I think its more likely to be an insurance for me as I loved Birmingham, but who knows :smile: just out of curiosity did they send you an email to say they recieved your application? all my others have already but I've heard nothing from Nottingham!
Original post by Kathiye

I've got an offer (AAA) for ABC too :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by blueberrysro
I've got an offer (AAA) for ABC too :smile:

Now I'm wondering what I did wrong to get an A*AA offer! :tongue: Oh well, too late now.
Reply 14
I've applied for NatSci at Cambridge, UCL, Bath and Nottingham and Chemical Physics at Bristol. Have offers from Bath and Nottingham, a pre-offer visit day at Bristol next Tuesday and an interview at Cambridge on the 13th of December! I'm doing Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry; I did my Maths last year and got an A*, hence my offers are AA. What's everyones favourite Uni at the moment?
Reply 15
Original post by Fintano
I've applied for NatSci at Cambridge, UCL, Bath and Nottingham and Chemical Physics at Bristol. Have offers from Bath and Nottingham, a pre-offer visit day at Bristol next Tuesday and an interview at Cambridge on the 13th of December! I'm doing Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry; I did my Maths last year and got an A*, hence my offers are AA. What's everyones favourite Uni at the moment?

I'm in the same situation, did maths A2 last year but missed out on the A* by a couple of marks so I'm retaking C3 so hopefully the A* this year will be not too hard! I think Birmingham's my favourite at the moment, loved it on the open day but I guess I'll decide after my offers come through! :smile:
Original post by izzyb96
I hope I get AAA as well! I havent actually been to look round yet, but if I an offer I'll go on a visit day I think! I think its more likely to be an insurance for me as I loved Birmingham, but who knows :smile: just out of curiosity did they send you an email to say they recieved your application? all my others have already but I've heard nothing from Nottingham!

Yes they did, a few days after my application was sent. Nottingham is my first choice and my insurance is between QUB or Ulster. Not sure yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
got my first offer today! A*AA for the chemistry - physics - maths pathway at nottingham! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by izzyb96
got my first offer today! A*AA for the chemistry - physics - maths pathway at nottingham! :biggrin:

Yay! :biggrin: Well done.
Is anybody going on a visit day in February? Would love to know at least one person

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending