The Student Room Group

Four Britons 'killed fighting in Syria war with Al Qaeda rebels'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ~scorpio~
What are non Syrians doing in Syria in the first place? They knew the consequences and they deserved it. The fact that majority of the Syrians are pro Bashar is an indication why he has the upper hand on Syria.

Original post by ConnorB
Well if its someone who believes that his help will build a tolerant, democratic, fair and just country where freedom of belief and expression is far greater than before the Arab-Spring, then maybe it can be, Progressive peace talks and a call to end the violence would be a far greater strength. However if it's someone who wants to establish a Sharia law through "jihad", then I suppose it can only be established that he's
1. Dead
2. One less idiot alive who supports this stupid agenda.

Oh? So as long as they have the excuse that they're trying to promote 'freedom' and 'justice', they can start wars and justifiably kill whoever they want? Like Israel and America, who are beacons of 'freedom of belief and expression' yet have been at the center of the majority of aggressions in the 20th and 21st century. Why can't Sharia be established if the Syrian (or any Middle Eastern country's) people want it to be? Shouldn't it be their choice since it's essentially their country? In summary, you'll justify death so long as it fits your own agenda.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Nope. My business is here for now.

Coward.
Lmao, right.

As I said, my business is here.

What is your business? You sound sinister; you are planning to act upon your radical beliefs aren't you?
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Oh? So as long as they have the excuse that they're trying to promote 'freedom' and 'justice', they can start wars and justifiably kill whoever they want? Like Israel and America, who are beacons of 'freedom of belief and expression' yet have been at the center of the majority of aggressions in the 20th and 21st century. Why can't Sharia be established if the Syrian (or any Middle Eastern country's) people want it to be? Shouldn't it be their choice since it's essentially their country? In summary, you'll justify death so long as it fits your own agenda.

Nice to see your agenda is hating on America and Israel wherever possible.

Real original.
Original post by ConnorB
Nice to see your agenda is hating on America and Israel wherever possible.

Real original.

At least my hate is jusitifed.

I try. :colondollar:
Original post by HokeyWolf
I fully appreciate the dark, twisted history of Islam as much as I credit it for all its wonderfull gifts to Humanity. As a graduate in History at Sheffield with specialization on The Middle East, I understand the level of sectarian tension within Islam wherever its followers choose to reside.
So why is the argument limited to Assad and Syria?

Al Qaeda is a dangerous group; I am not denying that it and its ideology needs to be destroyed, and what they are doing in areas of Northern Syria is absolutely repugnant.
How do you think that is going to occur when you are able to justify Brits aiding in their creation of a state run by Al Qaeda.

Assad is the root cause of this conflict.
Assad is the trigger, he's not a cause hence why we have seen similar uprisings and violence in countries without Assad.

The path it has taken since 2012 is the result of Assads actions- He executes them, the more will come.
More likley, exactly why is happening, the international community is now moving from talks of full scale intervention to negotiation with Assad. The current state would suggest Assad will win the battle, if not his war to remain a dictator. The Russians will be quite happy to offer him asylum in Moscow if his successor lets them have their little seaport.

The reason people are more critical of Assad is that he is the ruler of what was a sovereign nation who reacted to calls for change by shelling protests and conducting retaliatory operations against mass civilian populations.
Yet we are replacing him with a group of leaders who have invited themselves into a sovereign nation with no oversight and as you have admitted are now committing atrocities of their own. Out of the frying pan into the fire by the look of it. People are right to be critical of Assad, I don't think I've seen anyone completely defend his actions, lots of people prefer him to the alternative, which isn't and never realistically has been a group of moderate Syrians wanting a more democratic country.

While Sunni militia kill recklessly and without moral, legal or religious justification, they are responding to the culture of impunity, violence and sectarianism caused by the fracturing of Syrian society as a result of the actions of Assad.
Assad isn't in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Somalia, Mali or any other such hotspots. Their justification goes far deeper than Assad, and for a group which operates with impunity, with violence and incites sectarianism I doubt that is what they are fighting.

A look back at the history of Syria shows a country steeped in a history of cooperation and co-habitation between religions.
So a good path forward would probably be just that, which isn't what this British fighter was supporting.

It is not religion causing this tragedy, but the culture of inhumanity and impunity rife in all sectarian conflicts.
So you are supporting someone who's answer was to sustain this culture of inhumanity and impunity as it seen everywhere Al Qaeda are involved.

Syria was not originally a religious conflict; Religion has just picked up the cause when little else was left to fight for.
It wasn't originally a religious conflict and it looked to be one where the world bar Iran and Russia were going to ensure the rebels won and overthrew Assad. There was plenty left to fight for at that point so the idea that was what caused the influx of extremist groups isn't really factual.

The rebellion I will support, hell I did support, but that has long gone. This isn't about rescuing the Syrian people from the grasp of Assad its about seeing another country in a position of weakness and the opportunity for a group of religious fascists to militarily overthrow the government and set up shop regardless of what the Syrian people want. The cause is that of Islamic extremism and the ability to justify combat with unquestionable divine authority for any form of warfare, Assad and his crimes are just the trigger to a weakened state and hence an opportunity to pounce, they would be doing the same in Sweden if they had the chance. Now its all out civil war, and the choice between the dictator of a functioning state who can be replaced or controlled and an rigid ideology most of the developed world has been fighting for over a decade and the failed state that comes with them.
At least my hate is jusitifed.

I try. :colondollar:

Right now, where is Sharia implemented completely and correctly?
This thread overflows stupidity, ignorance and misinformation.
Original post by PopaPork
Complete rot

they are there to support and implement an islamic state governed by sharia all they are doing is taking advantage of the instability to implement this

look at the end of the day it's a coin with 2 ****ty sides. Now other than flattening the whole area and starting again we have to go with the lesser of the 2 evils.

Now can you guess which of the 2 evils I believe to be the lesser or should I start posting beheading videos to prove my point.

So while you may think supporting terrorist groups is a noble thing I certainly don't so yes the more that pop over there and pop out completely the better.

It is not for you to decide which of the lesser evils who is. You're not on the spot, you don't know anything except what your media feeds you.
Your media and your girlfriend. Keep eating.
What are non Syrians doing in Syria in the first place? They knew the consequences and they deserved it. The fact that majority of the Syrians are pro Bashar is an indication why he has the upper hand on Syria.

They are defending the Muslims whose rights have been usurped and who have been humiliated by the government.
The majority of Syri...the majority of...the major--:laugh:
Original post by ConnorB
Well if its someone who believes that his help will build a tolerant, democratic, fair and just country where freedom of belief and expression is far greater than before the Arab-Spring, then maybe it can be, Progressive peace talks and a call to end the violence would be a far greater strength. However if it's someone who wants to establish a Sharia law through "jihad", then I suppose it can only be established that he's
1. Dead
2. One less idiot alive who supports this stupid agenda.

Much good the Arab Spring did Egypt where a totalitarian government is yet again in place.
You're woefully misinformed about Sharia law and people who want to implement it. Those who rightfully implemented it in their country were stripped of their legitimate right to rule because of American propaganda against them which whipped up support for their ouster.
Original post by The Angry Stoic
Are you proud of how the Hitler youth died for what they believed in? Or the Ss?

If you must compare two beliefs, you should be prepared to do them justice and not blindly grope your way in the darkness to supposed victory.
(edited 10 years ago)

You can laugh all you want, the majority of the Syrians in Syria like Assad and he is gaining popularity for if they didn't, Syria would have fallen in 3 days like Iraq did. I think he is a legitimate government being brutally attacked by savages and cannibals of Al Queda terrorists and the west is financing them. President Assad is a hero standing against the zionists.
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
Right now, where is Sharia implemented completely and correctly?

Nowhere.
You can laugh all you want, the majority of the Syrians in Syria like Assad and he is gaining popularity for if they didn't, Syria would have fallen in 3 days like Iraq did. I think he is a legitimate government being brutally attacked by savages and cannibals of Al Queda terrorists and the west is financing them. President Assad is a hero standing against the zionists.

That isn't a fact, you're absolutely potty and your reasoning is pottier than you and your fact are. He hasn't fallen because America hasn't snapped its fingers for that yet. He will fall as soon as the cannibals and savages of Al Queda are wiped out.

LMAO ok.
Reply 53
They've beaten us to paradise.
Reply 54
Original post by HokeyWolf
wow that stirred the ****! Look, not trying to get into any massive beef about this, but just think people should not cast judgement on other people's decisions, especially when they are concerned with life and death.
The rebels (a wide range of different groups and alliances) are not a unified group, and im not for a moment suggesting that we should support groups such as Al Nusra. I am saying that had we had got involved when Assad first started shelling protesters back in 2011/12, and if he had done a Mubarak and gone (relatively) peacefully or just begun a period of change, then this conflict would not have become a sectarian abattoir. They got involved because Muslims were dying in VAST numbers. Im not suggesting they performed some kind of Humanitarian intervention, it was entirely selfish and standardly Jihadist, but I truly believe that had we done a Nato in Lybia and bombed the holy **** out of Bashir, then perhaps the true rebels, the protesters and their guardians who only wanted democracy, would have won the battle long before Al Qaeda and their Islamo facist buddies got involved.

Oh, Enoxial, I know quite alot about Bahrain, A family friend is infact the Kings personal pilot. And again, the suggestion that 'It would all be ok if the rebels didnt intervene', is just down right pathetic.

The internet is a funny place where you will find unelected politicians, philosophers and theologists in forums. You have some good points by the way, im sure you feel frustrated when you get retarded responses.
Reply 55
Original post by YouAreAllPotty
This thread overflows stupidity, ignorance and misinformation.

It is not for you to decide which of the lesser evils who is. You're not on the spot, you don't know anything except what your media feeds you.
Your media and your girlfriend. Keep eating.

They are defending the Muslims whose rights have been usurped and who have been humiliated by the government.
The majority of Syri...the majority of...the major--:laugh:

Much good the Arab Spring did Egypt where a totalitarian government is yet again in place.
You're woefully misinformed about Sharia law and people who want to implement it. Those who rightfully implemented it in their country were stripped of their legitimate right to rule because of American propaganda against them which whipped up support for their ouster.

If you must compare two beliefs, you should be prepared to do them justice and not blindly grope your way in the darkness to supposed victory.

You poor fool, nutty notions like these that you air can only have overcrowded your head at your equally ignorant mother's knees.
Iran is Shia and Iran is overflowing anti-West Islamists.
Wait, Islamists? What in hellfire is an Islamist? Who, also in hellfire, invented that word? Ignorant pipsqueaks who don't know the fist thing about Islam, that's who.

In conclusion, you are all potty. All you can do is sit behind your screens, point fingers and kick up a lot of fuss over something you don't know the first thing about.
These people who died died fighting for a noble cause. They died protecting their brethren who had been humiliated and oppressed for years. They don't give a care what you say about them.

Best quote EVER! - Rest is good too!
(edited 10 years ago)
Nowhere.

and how many years has Islam existed?
Original post by ConnorB
You really are a ****. Justifying giving a life for a cause that can never be justified. I applaud the Muslims/people who are giving aid to the moderate displaced Syrians who's lives have been destroyed because of this stupid conflict.

That wasn't nice. :frown:

Are you proposing im not allowed to defend myself if men enter with guns wanting to kill my family. :holmes:

Do you thinks it wrong to help and defend men, women and children?

4:75to top

Muhsin Khan
And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help."

Original post by slimmus
arnt you a recent muslim English convert ? - why should you be picking sides in a sectarian Islamic conflict, al those being killed and doing the killing on both sides are muslims. Was your indoctrination done by a sunni cleric?

Yes i am.

If these men were fighting against oppression against men, women and children. Then i see what they are doing as good.

[video="youtube;k9D82u4A6MA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9D82u4A6MA[/video]
Original post by mangamaan
Best quote EVER! - Rest is good too!

Thank you, I endeavour to give satisfaction. :hat2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending