The Student Room Group

Selection event for the BSc Hons Adult Nursing Course

Hiya, i have just received an email from Sheff Hallam inviting me to a selection event for the BSc Adult Nursing Course. Very nervous as this will be the first interview ive had! Could someone please tell me what sort of questions they will ask me and what the group task entails. I need to be prepared because i know its a very competitive course. Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by emily9221
Hiya, i have just received an email from Sheff Hallam inviting me to a selection event for the BSc Adult Nursing Course. Very nervous as this will be the first interview ive had! Could someone please tell me what sort of questions they will ask me and what the group task entails. I need to be prepared because i know its a very competitive course. Thankyou :smile:

Hi I had my interview at Sheffield hallam the other weekend. I got offered an unconditional offer on Monday so I have accepted. So will be starting September 2014. U start off in a presentation about the course then spilt into groups 1 2 3 and 4 u get a number when u register. You are took into a room with your group and spilt into little groups. You have to make something out of newspaper and balance a golf ball on top. They just marking on how u work as a team. Then u watch a video. U go down and then get called up for individual interview which is about 10 mins. They ask current issues in nhs so look at news, look up francis report, Staffordshire hospital scandal etc. they ask why u want to be a nurse, why would they offer u a place if there was only one left. Then u free to go. very relaxed xx
Reply 2
Hiya, thank you for the reply. I have already started to prepare. My interview isn't while the 8th Jan but i want to make sure i know exactly what to say. Very nervous. Its for the March intake so if i am successful i wont be long until my start date. Have you got any tips for the individual interview? The group activity doesn't bother me as much its the individual one i'm the most nervous for! xx
Reply 3
Do you know if there is a difference between a selection event and an interview? xx
Reply 4
Do you know if there is a difference between a selection event and an interview? xx

No it is just what they call it the selection event is the interview xx
Reply 5
Okay thanks xx
Reply 6
Im worrying a bit now actually because ive had a look through some comments on here and a lot of people who are starting in March have already had their interviews etc and are going to pre course open days! My interview isnt while the 8th jan!!! They must still have places otherwise i wouldn't have been invited to a selection event but i feel so far behind! xx
Reply 7
Im worrying a bit now actually because ive had a look through some comments on here and a lot of people who are starting in March have already had their interviews etc and are going to pre course open days! My interview isnt while the 8th jan!!! They must still have places otherwise i wouldn't have been invited to a selection event but i feel so far behind! xx

I applied to both march and September intake and at my interview she said places were limited for march but if would be willing to start then if they decided to take me I said yes but got a place for September not march xx
Reply 8
Ive just rang them and the have said March is full so they have put me forward for September. Quite pleased really as i only applied for the March intake and they automatically invited me for an interview but for September intake! We may be uni buddies :smile: xx
Reply 9
We may be (: do you have Facebook add me Lauren Houlton I have made a group for those of us starting in September 2014 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending