The Student Room Group

How much should I charge per hour for A level Maths tuition?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Khodu
I was also asked for a child in year 6 (same year as my sister) so I thought it would be good if I helped them study together for SATs

Maybe a bit less? say £10-15 for stats and £20 for GCSEs and £25 for A-levels? That still makes you on the cheaper side but you can justify that as you are a student and not a professional tutor?
Reply 21
How did you find people to tutor. Im in year 13 and have always helped people in my year if they ask for help ona topic or something, usually in maths. But im in a bad state financially so charging people to tutor could be some useful extra cash. How might I go about finding people, I didnt think anyone would take me seriously if I charged as im only a student
Reply 22
I'm paying a uni professor to tutor me £30 per your. Since you're still a student or newly graduate you should start at £15. You can start raising your prices with the experience you gain over the years. No one will be paying too much for a young tutor.
Reply 23
Oh please. It's just C1 and C2. Teach FP2 and FP3.
Reply 24
Original post by BWV1007

It's fulfilling the demand, by supplying the service.
Reply 25
Original post by BWV1007

I enjoyed FP2, FP3, but not everyone is the same. No need to be so condescending.
Reply 26
Original post by IceKidd
How did you find people to tutor. Im in year 13 and have always helped people in my year if they ask for help ona topic or something, usually in maths. But im in a bad state financially so charging people to tutor could be some useful extra cash. How might I go about finding people, I didnt think anyone would take me seriously if I charged as im only a student

I'm not sure how you can publicize it, maybe check out the websites shown above? People just asked me as I used to do it for free at a local youth centre. But do be careful if you decide to tutor and go to people's homes. :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Emah
I'm paying a uni professor to tutor me £30 per your. Since you're still a student or newly graduate you should start at £15. You can start raising your prices with the experience you gain over the years. No one will be paying too much for a young tutor.

I've been tutoring for free all these years, so I have some experience. But I might start paying someone at Uni too for some help or driving lessons. Darn, decisions decisions! :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by Khodu
I've been tutoring for free all these years, so I have some experience. But I might start paying someone at Uni too for some help or driving lessons. Darn, decisions decisions! :tongue:

Haha okay good luck :smile:
Reply 29
If you have QTS then £25-30, if you don't then probably anywhere from £5-£15. I used to tutor back when I was completing A2 and charged £12.50/hour.
I started off giving free tuition to GCSE students and then began charging when I had some positive feedback. The most I charged is £10/hour though. I think £20 is far too much unless you're a graduate or have experience. And judging by your sig and this thread, you have neither.
Anything between 20£-30£ is appropriate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending