The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

First year accommodation 2014

Hopefully going to UoL in September to study MP. Hoping to stay in Pavs as it seems much nicer than any other accommodation (and there's sky sports) just wondering if it's the best one to stay in to meet other freshers? Or if halls would be better?

PLEASE HELP!
Reply 1
All the accommodations are pretty good social wise tbh, just depends on flatmates, neighbours you get and how social you are :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chrishapy
All the accommodations are pretty good social wise tbh, just depends on flatmates, neighbours you get and how social you are :smile:

Thank you!!! Just wondered which is be luckiest with in regards to flat mates :smile:
Reply 3
Hiya, I'm staying at The Pavillions currently. Nice accommodation; rooms are nice, kitchens are decent and the atmosphere is good! However there isn't Sky Sports, just free view tv which isn't great! Regarding meeting other freshers, it's very similar to halls, so don't worry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Adam00
Hiya, I'm staying at The Pavillions currently. Nice accommodation; rooms are nice, kitchens are decent and the atmosphere is good! However there isn't Sky Sports, just free view tv which isn't great! Regarding meeting other freshers, it's very similar to halls, so don't worry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, gutted about no Sky Sports though haha. Okay yay! Just didn't want to be stuck in a flat with 2nd/3rd years :smile:
Reply 5
I was so gutted too haha! :frown: Yea I know what you mean, there are some second and thirds here but I've not heard of any firsts being put in a flat with them. Most of them occupy the studios (single rooms) I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Adam00
I was so gutted too haha! :frown: Yea I know what you mean, there are some second and thirds here but I've not heard of any firsts being put in a flat with them. Most of them occupy the studios (single rooms) I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats reassuring then!! Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Hey i'm also in pavs atm and would never ever come back here! the internet is a pile of ****, cant even load a youtube video and there's maintenance made on it almost every week which shuts it down temporarily! had so many problems with the flat and its facilities, although maintenance are fairly reasonable.. the heaters in the rooms are set to a limit of 18 degrees (which isn't warm) and once past that they turn off so unless you bring a oil heater or something with you you'll freeze. I wouldn't say there's much of a sociable atmosphere as there's so many of you on the floor however we've been put on a floor with mostly 3rd years which is a real issue when it comes to prinks and flat party's!!
The flat is a good size but pavs is way over priced for what you pay for and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! My friend lives in courts this year and the atmosphere is so much better and she never has any problems there.
If I was you i'd defo have a look into courts.

Quick Reply

Latest