The Student Room Group

Why Do Teachers Involve Parents In Stupid Things?

[INDENT]Second Post Woo!!! I am really annoyed at one of my teachers. They said that they want to sit down with my parents and make a plan of action. The teacher is worried about my grades and effort however she is a really bad teacher. Why does she feel the need to involve my parents? I want to be independent from my parents and not be babysat by them. What should I do?[/INDENT]

Reply 1
Grow up a bit and put more effort in yourself instead of just saying you have a bad teacher.
Reply 2
Original post by nyan~
Grow up a bit and put more effort in yourself instead of just saying you have a bad teacher.

I do put a lot of effort in! I spend extra time rewriting notes, extra assignments ect.
Reply 3
Annoying, I hated teachers who would wait for parents evening/reports to say there is a problem but wouldn't speak to me about it the 3 times a week I saw them... :colonhash:
Reply 4
Original post by BolandMark
I do put a lot of effort in! I spend extra time rewriting notes, extra assignments ect.

Then talk to your teacher and explain to her that you want to take action yourself, maybe she'll have a few suggestions that you can take on board :iiam:
Reply 5
Original post by MJ1012
Annoying, I hated teachers who would wait for parents evening/reports to say there is a problem but wouldn't speak to me about it the 3 times a week I saw them... :colonhash:

That is what she is like! It infuriates me that she will twist everything to make it look like I am a bad student. I will just say I forgot to tell my parents you want to meet them or talk to them on the phone.
Reply 6
Original post by nyan~
Then talk to your teacher and explain to her that you want to take action yourself, maybe she'll have a few suggestions that you can take on board :iiam:

I will try to but I can't see her accepting this as an option somehow.

Quick Reply

Latest