The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chemistry :smile:

with Industrial Experience or with Study in Australia :biggrin:
NatSci (Biological) at Cambridge, or BioChem somewhere else.

Though judging from the posts already about NatSci at cambridge, i think it may be a touch out or reach.
NatSci (Physical) or Physics (maybe with Astrophysics...) :smile:
Reply 23
im hoping to study either chemistry or pharmacy providing i get the grades- results soon im terrified!
:eek:
Reply 24
Ben0282
im hoping to study either chemistry or pharmacy providing i get the grades- results soon im terrified!
:eek:

..Not hard to get the grades for pharmacy!
Reply 25
My 1st choice is out as I'm only doing 2 A-levels (mature student), so looks like I'll be going down the science route, but don't know exactly what to do. Got a month or 2 to make my mind up though.
Thinking of Pharmacy, Biomedical Sciences, Biology or Forensic Science.
Unfortunately, I am indecisive (I won't be putting that on my ps) and have been trying to make my mind up for the last 12 months and still not decided.
:biggrin:
Me. Physics.
Was going to do English in September, but changed my mind and will do Physics and Maths A-levels in one year and apply to read Physics.
Reply 27
I've been thinking biology for the last year and still want to take it but I want to take physics too. I've given it up now but did higher so I could get in a Scotish uni. I'll probably try to do physics as my third subject (most unis make you do chem with bio) but maths normally goes with physics. >.< Maybe I'd be exempt if I've done AH.
Reply 28
im thinking physics provided i didnt screw up maths n phys in my AS's, probably at Durham or King's as they give almost all apllicants an offer
tomrob
im thinking physics provided i didnt screw up maths n phys in my AS's, probably at Durham or King's as they give almost all apllicants an offer

Those King's figures on UCAS are from 2003. Durham also upped their entry requirements and became more selective.
Reply 30
tomrob

Yeah, most of durham's physics offers this year were AAA (I know because I got one and met others on the open day who did too)
Reply 31
Talya
Yeah, most of durham's physics offers this year were AAA (I know because I got one and met others on the open day who did too)

My offer was AAA aswell, although with an AAB option with a merit in AEA physics. Of those I know who got offers all were AAA. Its also true they have got more selective, for example one bloke in my year was, in my opinion, easily good enough to get in (also applied to oxford with what I perceived as a good chance of getting in) and yet was not made an offer, it seems the statistics from last year were rather misleading. Durham is IMO an extremely good university for physics, and I would place it in the top two in the country (alongside cambridge), I was extremely impressed when looking round :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending