The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Can I change my single honours to double after I get an offer?

I applied for Computer science in Oxford Brooke's and was wondering if I could change it from single to joint honours combining it with business management after I get an offer??

help!!!
You absolutely can. You'll be pleased to know that Brookes is one of the most flexible universities in terms of modules. I started this semester doing fine art and history of art. I then took up French as an extra module, but found it was too difficult. I also found that I want enjoying fine art. Next semester, I'll be doing history of art as single honours and French at an easier level. They sort everything really quickly. You might have to do single honours in the first semester, but if you wanted to change to joint honours, it can be easily done! :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by vanillatea94
You absolutely can. You'll be pleased to know that Brookes is one of the most flexible universities in terms of modules. I started this semester doing fine art and history of art. I then took up French as an extra module, but found it was too difficult. I also found that I want enjoying fine art. Next semester, I'll be doing history of art as single honours and French at an easier level. They sort everything really quickly. You might have to do single honours in the first semester, but if you wanted to change to joint honours, it can be easily done! :smile:

Thankyou for replying!
Who did you talk to about changing the honours from single to joint? And did they ask why and when did you change it when you started uni or before?
Original post by Confused.sad
Thankyou for replying!
Who did you talk to about changing the honours from single to joint? And did they ask why and when did you change it when you started uni or before?

When I started and had a few weeks to realise what I really wanted to do. I talked to my academic advisor and relevant lecturers. My advisor was really helpful. He explained everything to me and tools me what I needed to do. If you find your academic advisor isn't that helpful, don't forget you can get help from any lecturer. I would talk to your academic advisor as soon as you meet them (which will happen in "freshers week" or week 0) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending