The Student Room Group

Is it too late to begin A2 Geography this year? Please advise me!

I study at home with a tutor (4 hours a week), I did my AS last year and got an A. I was supposed to start my A2 in September but it had to be delayed... if I start in December will it be too late to catch up and do well? :frown:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Isklar
I study at home with a tutor (4 hours a week), I did my AS last year and got an A. I was supposed to start my A2 in September but it had to be delayed... if I start in December will it be too late to catch up and do well? :frown:

if there is any way of doubling your time with your tutor for the bits you need to catch up then i think it is possible, or you could self teach the bits you have misse.
Reply 3
Hi :smile:
I dropped out of college after AS because I wanted to work to fund my way to university, I self taught A2 and came out with 120/120 on the AQA Paper and got an A* overall. It can be done! I'll help you if you want me to look through any essays you do, I tutor Geography to a AS student and he's well on the way to an A at AS! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by tgwktm
if there is any way of doubling your time with your tutor for the bits you need to catch up then i think it is possible, or you could self teach the bits you have misse.

Unfortunately no, I don't pay for it (I could never afford it) and the council will only pay for a certain number of hours.
Reply 5
Original post by Isklar
Unfortunately no, I don't pay for it (I could never afford it) and the council will only pay for a certain number of hours.
in that case then i think you could self teach for a bit. what exam board are you on?
Original post by Isklar

Hi there, I did A2 geography last year and was ill and not in school until after December so missed a lot of teaching time. I self taught after my teacher photocopied my friends file for me and leant me a textbook. It was A LOT of work (although I was catching up with other subjects too so that took up more time) but with a lot of determination I came out with an A*, so it can be done, as long as you put the effort in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending