The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey! I've applied for Fashion Journalism too! :-) I sent off my application only last week because my college are so pathetically slow! Agh! What are your predicted grades? & what did you get at AS?
Original post by SophiaStancer
I've applied to do Fashion Journalism. I'd be really interested to hear from other applicants to this course and how much they have heard. I have received two emails so far confirming my application was successful and another saying that I am currently being considered.

I gather that they take a fair while to call for interview - or not, as may be the case - which makes sense as I applied over a month ago and have only just had confirmation of consideration.

I've already been given other offers from other places so I'm seriously nervous anticipating the email from LCF. Fingers crossed!

Let me know how you're getting on if anyone else whose applied is reading this!

Good luck,

Sophia

Hi, I've applied for Fashion Journalism too, about three weeks ago, and I received a confirmation a few days later. I've had nothing else which worries me, but then I think perhaps I'm being impatient. I wonder whether they would wait until the application deadline in Jan before selecting candidates?

It's so horrible waiting!!!
Reply 22
I've applied for Fashion Buying and Merchandising at the beginning of October! and I have not heard anything back either. I just think they are waiting until the deadline so they have everybody in and then they will just take the best!
Hey there!
I recently have applied for the fashion journalism course and have received an email saying they are currently looking at my application.. so nervous on the reply! How long did It take for you too receive one?
Georgina
xx
Hey there!
I recently have applied for the fashion journalism course and have received an email saying they are currently looking at my application.. so nervous on the reply! How long did It take for you too receive one?
Georgina
xx
Reply 25
Has anyone had the email about them not doing interviews this year?
Reply 26
Original post by Soph270
Has anyone had the email about them not doing interviews this year?

Yes! And I think that's a good think so there is less pressure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookroselily
Hi, I've applied for Fashion Journalism too, about three weeks ago, and I received a confirmation a few days later. I've had nothing else which worries me, but then I think perhaps I'm being impatient. I wonder whether they would wait until the application deadline in Jan before selecting candidates?

It's so horrible waiting!!!

I totally agree - it's painful! I reckon we will find out after the deadline as you suggested. I'll be so disappointed if I'm not selected for interview after such a long wait, checking my emails ten times a day!
Original post by MaredEmlyn
Hey! I've applied for Fashion Journalism too! :-) I sent off my application only last week because my college are so pathetically slow! Agh! What are your predicted grades? & what did you get at AS?

Is this a reply to my post?

If so, I got As and one B at AS and I am predicted all As at A2. How about you? I've read alot of these online forum things and the majority of them say that LCF don't select applicants on grades alone, but more so based on their experience and such, but that might not be true!
Reply 29
Hi,
I've also applied for Fashion journalism at LCF... I currently attend LCC on the art foundation so I know a few things about when LCF are planning to get back to people. Current UAL students hear back roughly late January and outside applicants should hear back/be called to interview in mid Feb time. Now is a good time for all of you to build up reading and journalism skills as they ask for a piece of writing on interview. Good luck everyone :smile: x
Reply 30
Original post by SophiaStancer
Is this a reply to my post?

If so, I got As and one B at AS and I am predicted all As at A2. How about you? I've read alot of these online forum things and the majority of them say that LCF don't select applicants on grades alone, but more so based on their experience and such, but that might not be true!

It was I think!
I got AAB at AS too! But I'm soooo angry at my tutors, I've been predicted BCC?! I really hope it doesn't jeopardize my chances! I've got quite a bit of experience in the media/fashion/journalism field so I'm hoping they'll give me an offer based on that! Still waiting for a reply off them, but I've got a conditional off LJMU, and I've got an interview at UCA Epsom in two days!! AGHHHH! Wish me luck! x
They will look at what you've got under your belt surely more than predicted grades that don't add up. Don't get flustered. :smile: Oh and good luck!
Hi there

I've applied for Fashion buying and merchandising too! Have you heard anything since your post? I applied in December and received a confirmation email of my application. Yesterday a lady emailed me to say they are not doing interviews this year so there decision will be based purely on our UCAS applications! Did you get the same e-mail?

I hope my application is enough! Would have loved the opportunity to talk about my love to be a buyer!

Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?

Best wishes
Reply 33
Original post by KatyHaines
Hi there

I've applied for Fashion buying and merchandising too! Have you heard anything since your post? I applied in December and received a confirmation email of my application. Yesterday a lady emailed me to say they are not doing interviews this year so there decision will be based purely on our UCAS applications! Did you get the same e-mail?

I hope my application is enough! Would have loved the opportunity to talk about my love to be a buyer!

Best wishes

I applied at the end of November for fashion buying and merchandising and still haven't heard anything. The other places I've applied for are Birmingham city, NTU, UCA and Westminster
Reply 34
Original post by Soph270
I applied at the end of November for fashion buying and merchandising and still haven't heard anything. The other places I've applied for are Birmingham city, NTU, UCA and Westminster

I have applied for buying and merchandising as well, but also have not heard anything back. Have you heard anything form Westminster ?
Reply 35
Original post by Yeatman12
I have applied for buying and merchandising as well, but also have not heard anything back. Have you heard anything form Westminster ?

No I haven't , have you?
Reply 36
Original post by Soph270
No I haven't , have you?

No, nothing! But someone on the Westminster news feed has got an offer! Do they reject you if they don't want to give you an offer or do they just leave it open?
Reply 37
Hi! I applied to International: Introduction to the Study of Fashion. I got an offer, and I'm planning on taking it. I'm excited to start this fall. :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by KatyHaines
Hi there

Best wishes

Hi, since I posted in the thread I have actually been accepted on the PG certificate fashion buying and merchandising, is this the same course you applied for?
I also had an interview for this course, although I am an international student, so had a phone interview.
Reply 39
Has anyone else been accepted on the PG certificate: fashion buying and merchandising that commences on 10 February?

Quick Reply

Latest