The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I applied over 2 months ago and still haven't heard anything which is very annoying considering I already have my grades! Getting very impatient as its my first choice :frown:
Received a notification today through UCAS that I have an interview for BA Fashion Print, cant believe it! It's on the 21st Feb so getting straight into my preparation for it! Anyone else heard?
Reply 82
Hey, I've also applied for Creative Direction for Fashion!
I sent off my online portfolio on the 6th Jan and I've not heard anything back yet :/
Sooo nervous...pray to god that I get an interview!
Good luck!
lucy x
Original post by aruljothi
Hi Viola,

Which university do u think is the best for fashion related courses mainly for fashion merchandising

regards
Arul

For merch. Westminster and lcf are top, man met is also good if it's buying too.

For design, it's also Westminster and csm if we are just talking London. for fashion management/fashion mArkting there's many other places.
Reply 84
I got an offer for fashion management! What are people thinking about for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by parmar27
I got an offer for fashion management! What are people thinking about for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer for Fashion Buying and Merchandising!! and I have no idea! I was hoping someone could advise me on that
Original post by Yeatman12
I got an offer for Fashion Buying and Merchandising!! and I have no idea! I was hoping someone could advise me on that

are you guys waiting for an offer/rejection before applying for accommodation or are you looking at it before? I got an e-mail a while a go saying I should sort it before but I feel that this would be a bit premature?
Reply 87
Original post by RachelE9643
are you guys waiting for an offer/rejection before applying for accommodation or are you looking at it before? I got an e-mail a while a go saying I should sort it before but I feel that this would be a bit premature?

I have just got my offer today and I am now looking into accommodation, I think you should only really apply for accommodation if you have a place on the course. Are you an international student?
Hi guys!

I've applied for Msc International Fashion Management and BA Fashion management at LCF and just had an interview for the Msc a week and a half ago. Today I just heard back and was unsuccessful for the Msc, but no news for the BA. They said I would be more suited for a design course, which is strange because I didn't speak about design in my personal statement or during the interview lol. :tongue: do you think I have a chance at getting an offer for the BA?

Also I applied to Istituto Marangoni for fashion business and got an unconditional offer after a week of applying! :smile: I love the campus and course but is it a good university?

Thanks
xo
Reply 89
Hey, I've applied for cosmetic science, I sent off my application in October and still haven't heard back! I'm getting worried because from what I've read this is around about the time they start sending out offers/interviews :/ has anyone else applied for this course? If so have you heard anything?
Original post by Joebash
Hey, I've applied for cosmetic science, I sent off my application in October and still haven't heard back! I'm getting worried because from what I've read this is around about the time they start sending out offers/interviews :/ has anyone else applied for this course? If so have you heard anything?

I haven't applied to the same course as you (I'm a Fashion Journalism applicant) but we seem to be in the same boat. I applied in October too and other than the emails saying they've received my UCAS application I've heard nothing. Don't panic, they're well known for taking their time and I am sure you'll hear very soon indeed. Good luck and sit tight! x
Reply 91
Original post by SophiaStancer
I haven't applied to the same course as you (I'm a Fashion Journalism applicant) but we seem to be in the same boat. I applied in October too and other than the emails saying they've received my UCAS application I've heard nothing. Don't panic, they're well known for taking their time and I am sure you'll hear very soon indeed. Good luck and sit tight! x

Thanks :smile: got my fingers crossed! Good luck to you too! X
Original post by bibitiffany
Hi guys!

I've applied for Msc International Fashion Management and BA Fashion management at LCF and just had an interview for the Msc a week and a half ago. Today I just heard back and was unsuccessful for the Msc, but no news for the BA. They said I would be more suited for a design course, which is strange because I didn't speak about design in my personal statement or during the interview lol. :tongue: do you think I have a chance at getting an offer for the BA?

Also I applied to Istituto Marangoni for fashion business and got an unconditional offer after a week of applying! :smile: I love the campus and course but is it a good university?

Thanks
xo

Hi, just wondering about why you didn't apply to other unis with a similar course? I didn't even consider instituto marangoni, but LCF is the best for this course. What do you want to do after do you know? I have an offer for BA fashion management but am not sure if ill take it up.
Apparnelyy the best accommodation is will wyatt, well my friend who transferred there from doing French said that most of her friends were in that during first year. But the costume store does also look awesome! Anyone else for any ideas?
Reply 94
Original post by gabyrowland
Apparnelyy the best accommodation is will wyatt, well my friend who transferred there from doing French said that most of her friends were in that during first year. But the costume store does also look awesome! Anyone else for any ideas?

Yeah I was thinking the costume store because it is so nice and on a straight line to the holborn campus. Also there is that new one, the Glassyard building !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Congrats! When did you apply? I applied at the beginning of October and have only received emails saying they have my application, starting to really stress now as it's my first choice
Reply 96
I have an offer for International fashion management and BA fashion management, not sure what one to pick!? and still waiting to hear back from fashion buying and merchandising at LCF and Westminster !

my four accommodations i am gonna apply for are these, as there closest to Holborn !
woodland court
glassyard
costume store
manna ash
Original post by gabyrowland
Hi, just wondering about why you didn't apply to other unis with a similar course? I didn't even consider instituto marangoni, but LCF is the best for this course. What do you want to do after do you know? I have an offer for BA fashion management but am not sure if ill take it up.

hey! I also applied to CSM for a similar course and King's for just business. LCF and Marangoni have a similar course structure.
I would like to get into the field marketing or PR in the fashion industry but I am not 100% sure that's why I would like to take a management/business related course just to learn everything :smile: I know that LCF has a fashion marketing course too.
Where else did you apply?
Reply 98
I got an interview offer though today!!! So nervous :/
Reply 99
Can you apply for halls yet ?

Quick Reply

Latest