The Student Room Group

MUNthly - The MUN Newspaper - Dec 2013

Welcome to the home of MUNthly!

The official newspaper of the Model United Nations
on The Student Room

Hello you lovely people,

The MUN newspaper is here! I've already begun designing the layout and structure of the newspaper and this is due to be completed over the coming weeks... however I need your help!

Your submissions, comments, suggestions and thoughts will determine what this newspaper turns out to be like - I'll write the odd article certainly but ultimately it's down to you guys.

Suggestions

MUN Member of the Month

Who's Who?

Reports and Appeals

Opinion articles

A word from the Secretary General

A word from the Deputy Secretary General

Recent Election round ups with some commentary

Security Council member interviews

Analysis of polls, voting and results (in the form of pie charts, tables, graphs)

There can be more! What you'd like to see in your newspaper is up to you!

So now, I really need you guys to step up to the plate - submit what you like, articles, comment, cartoons, statistics, pie charts, analysis, reports, position papers etc. What you'd like to write about, go for it!

Submissions should either:

Be emailed to me at tsrmodelunitednations[at]hotmail.co.uk
Sent to me via Private Message

I'd prefer them to be emailed as I'm typing it into Word documents etc and it will be easier to organise as if its sent to me via PM then its amongst everything else... I shall email or private message you back to confirm that I've received it, if I don't message you within two days then assume I haven't got it and let me know.

As suggested by people over at the initial discussion thread, it would be great to get this done before Christmas so my deadline for submissions is Sunday 15th December 2013 then I'll hope to have the issue out on Friday 20th December 2013.

Have fun writing content for me and submit it early so I can begin to put things together. Remember submit anything, big or small.

Over the coming days, I will be asking some people in particular to take part in interviews (not face to face!) so feel free to take part if you wish.

Finally...

I need a co-editor!

This needs to be someone with a bit of a flare for writing, can be organised, methodical, systematic and generally fun to work with! I'd prefer it to not be one of the DSG candidates but if you're unsuccessful, you're welcome to put yourselves forward after the election is over.

Your role mostly would be to co-ordinate the interviews, help me organise submissions, content, you'd get a regular slot in the paper and you'd be able to submit your own ideas to the future development of the newspaper.

If you're interested, do PM me and I'll sort out a democratic way of choosing a co-editor!

Thanks for your support! As ever, any questions post here or drop me a message.

Kind regards,

RoryS
Secretary General
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Looks great! Glad you have 'stickied' this so it will be easier to find! I would be happy to write a piece or two every so often. Perhaps we could have a 'Middle East Correspondent' which would help get everyone up to date on current affairs there (it is really a bit of a hot spot and probably the focus of IR for this current early 21th century -post Cold War era.)
I am happy to be co-editor if no one else wants the place :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Cheese_Monster
I am happy to be co-editor if no one else wants the place :smile:

Thanks for volunteering. I'll keep your name in mind. :wink:
C_M would be a good editor!

I am happy to do an article one in a while!
Original post by Henry_Tudor
C_M would be a good editor!

Thanks man, I'm liking your signature. :smile:

Thanks! It seems a shame that the sig is so hidden away I didn't know about the button for ages!! Maybe they should redo the Logo saying 'signature' not a funny blue blob!

Your new sig Green Party Logo is very cool-who made it?!
By the way nifty way of Advertising the MUN Put your Location as..... 'Model UN: then your country' like I have!
X

Original post by Will95206
X
Reply 9
Looks fantastic, I'll be happy to contribute
Reply 10
By the way nifty way of Advertising the MUN Put your Location as..... 'Model UN: then your country' like I have!

Good idea!
Reply 11

Original post by Republic1
Looks fantastic, I'll be happy to contribute

Submit something guys! :wink:
Reply 12
I might do something in Ad HoC about this if you're happy with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Krollo

Sounds good. It's nice to see so many MHoC faces back in the MUN again.
Original post by Republic1
Sounds good. It's nice to see so many MHoC faces back in the MUN again.

It's a shame they only tend to bandwagon when things pick up again, but aye, generally it is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be awesome! I'll PM you about it soon :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How about a snippet from the past concerning the MUN?
A piece from T_C, Birchington and Toronto on their legacies on the MUN could be fun, or Kiss in his time as US representative.
Reply 18
A piece from T_C, Birchington and Toronto on their legacies on the MUN could be fun, or Kiss in his time as US representative.

Perhaps Kiss could do one after the US election and put a bit of commentary into it?
Reply 19
Original post by thunder_chunky
How about a snippet from the past concerning the MUN?

These are both good ideas...

thunder_chunky
QFA

Birchington
QFA

toronto353
QFA

Kiss
QFA

Would you be interested in doing something like this? Three of you to do the legacies, one for a history of the MUN (one paragraph of the history article could specifically feature the past MUN session, then this can be added to the Wiki)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending