The Student Room Group

Anyone applied to the Cambridge MPhil ISMM course 2014/15?!

I have applied to the MPhil ISMM course around end of Oct, I believe the next step, before going to the degree committee decision is the interview.

Has anyone applied and received interview notice already!?
It is so frustrated to not hear from them....

I know it depends on different major, however some of my friends has already moved into the next stage of degree committee decision!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tinamisuwang
I have applied to the MPhil ISMM course around end of Oct, I believe the next step, before going to the degree committee decision is the interview.

Has anyone applied and received interview notice already!?
It is so frustrated to not hear from them....

I know it depends on different major, however some of my friends has already moved into the next stage of degree committee decision!

Hi, I have applied for ISMM too. No hearing at all :smile: Have you received an email from them to fill in an additional questionnaire tough?
Reply 2
Original post by airborne23
Hi, I have applied for ISMM too. No hearing at all :smile: Have you received an email from them to fill in an additional questionnaire tough?

Hii, yes I did, that is that last thing I hear from them!

I saw some posts online from people who applied to this course in the previous years seems to be getting interview notices after Christmas holiday..fingers crossed!
Reply 3

I saw some posts online from people who applied to this course in the previous years seems to be getting interview notices after Christmas holiday..fingers crossed!

Oh, cool. That's interesting. Another month to wait then lol I know that degree committee meeting & BOGS at Department of Engineering happened on 25th November but nothing happened. The next meeting will be 27th January; so hopefully hear good news by then.
Reply 4
Oh, cool. That's interesting. Another month to wait then lol I know that degree committee meeting & BOGS at Department of Engineering happened on 25th November but nothing happened. The next meeting will be 27th January; so hopefully hear good news by then.

Hi, I am one of prospective engineering student but not for ISMM.
I called department yesterday and they said, the degree committee meeting will happen this week and perhaps, it didn't on 25 Nov as one of the key degree committee member was away. For us, Division E (Manufacturing and Management)- we can expect some further progress if an application was with degree committee.
Reply 5

Original post by nitishgpt
I called department yesterday and they said, the degree committee meeting will happen this week and perhaps, it didn't on 25 Nov as one of the key degree committee member was away. For us, Division E (Manufacturing and Management)- we can expect some further progress if an application was with degree committee.

Hi guys I'd like to apply to the ISMM programme next year. I'm currently in my second year on a 3-year BEng Civil Engineering programme at a top 5 engineering Uni in the UK.

I want to ask you guys about your background- are you mechanical engineers, do you have work experience and what's you recent qualification? Thanks.
Reply 6

I also have applies for ISMM, but I did not received any additional questionnaire?????
Reply 7

Hey guys! I've applied for this years ismm intake as well. I filled in the questionnaire back in November, but haven't gotten any intimation regarding the interview. Have any of you guys gotten a date?
Reply 8
Original post by nitishgpt

You are very kind. Thank you very much. I wish you had a good holiday : )
Reply 9
Original post by MarxHu
I also have applies for ISMM, but I did not received any additional questionnaire?????

When did you apply?
Reply 10
Original post by Hym

Hey guys! I've applied for this years ismm intake as well. I filled in the questionnaire back in November, but haven't gotten any intimation regarding the interview. Have any of you guys gotten a date?

Oh, well. I applied in October and still no news so let's wait :cool:
Reply 11
How does ISMM compare to Engineering Business Management offered by WMG? I've got admission into this course and have heard a lot of good things about WMG in general. But does it match up to IFM and ISMM?
Reply 12
Does anyone knows what grades are required in BEng to get into ISMM program?
I am currently in final year of BEng in Mechanical Engr. and planning to apply for sept/oct. intake
Reply 13
Did anyone take the interview already?
Reply 14
Original post by M4R1N
Did anyone take the interview already?

Nope.. still waiting..
Had my interview on the 28th of january, just received my offer yesterday and accepted it as well! Thrilled!
Reply 16
Hello,i am planning to apply for ISMM next year, Im from a UK university, wondering if theres a entrance exam as well? or only interview?
Reply 17
What kind of questions were they asking? Did you take an in-person interview or over Skype? I don't know if it's worth flying over for that...
Reply 18
Original post by Matthijs148
Had my interview on the 28th of january, just received my offer yesterday and accepted it as well! Thrilled!

What kind of questions were they asking? Did you take an in-person interview or over Skype? I don't know if it's worth flying over for that..
They were mainly about all that I filled out on the extra information form. The interview was with Simon Pattinson and Vanessa, also part of the ISMM team. It was held via Skype, which worked fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending