The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business and Economics unit 4B case study June 2014 (Obesity)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
for an essay structure would anyone agree that this is ok:
definition and then explain the factors for example with market failure the over consumption them under consumption
then 3 or 4 points depending on the essay marks available with positives and negatives and then a conclusion
obviously there will be application from the case studies and general knowledge throughout the essay
Reply 61
Original post by sandra95
i'm aiming for 2 and half sides for 20m and about 3 and a half for the 30m

that what I was aiming for but I was unsure on whether or not this was too much and if it left me with not enough time for the other 30marks in section a of the paper
Original post by Jtomo96
that what I was aiming for but I was unsure on whether or not this was too much and if it left me with not enough time for the other 30marks in section a of the paper

The exam booklet you write in only allocates 2 sides of A4 for the 20 marker and 3 for the 30 if I remember correctly. Might be worth looking at an old past paper to see though because I could be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
In talking about government fiscal policy intervention, you could talk about how FSM encourage children attainment and attention therefore increasing there education and in the long term gaining a more educated and skilled workforce thus reducing inequality and the poverty trap
Good Luck everyone! Lets pray the questions are okay
thought that was quite dificult
Reply 66
Original post by SamSamoon
thought that was quite dificult

i had to rush section b but at least section a was on point
Original post by sandra95
i had to rush section b but at least section a was on point

For Section B, I ran the questions like these.

Assess the economic arguments for NHS Charges.

-Yes, they fund the NHS and decrease consumption, so the NHS can pay for itself and allow the economy to grow.
-No, use will lessen and obesity won't be stopped, the economy suffers from heightened inequality, less NHS money
-No, fat tax and FSM can given NHS more money and cut obesity, they directly target demerit goods and encourage alternatives

Evaluate whether to use Regulation on the food industry

-Yes, cuts obesity and allows for minimum standards as ingredients have to be cut down
-Yes, better for equality than fat tax, cheaper than FSM and better for economy than banning marketing
-No, cuts in ingredients can let companies use market power to distort market knowledge and harms competitiveness in the economy
-No, fat tax directly cuts demand, FSM encourages merit goods and strengthens economy and ban on marketing prevents distortion of market knowledge
Did people refer to Evidence E for question 5 (the one about government budget)?
Reply 69
Original post by Boomdaboom
For Section B, I ran the questions like these.

Assess the economic arguments for NHS Charges.

-Yes, they fund the NHS and decrease consumption, so the NHS can pay for itself and allow the economy to grow.
-No, use will lessen and obesity won't be stopped, the economy suffers from heightened inequality, less NHS money
-No, fat tax and FSM can given NHS more money and cut obesity, they directly target demerit goods and encourage alternatives

Evaluate whether to use Regulation on the food industry

-Yes, cuts obesity and allows for minimum standards as ingredients have to be cut down
-Yes, better for equality than fat tax, cheaper than FSM and better for economy than banning marketing
-No, cuts in ingredients can let companies use market power to distort market knowledge and harms competitiveness in the economy
-No, fat tax directly cuts demand, FSM encourages merit goods and strengthens economy and ban on marketing prevents distortion of market knowledge

that sounds good. i can't even remember what i wrote, just hoping for the best
Reply 70
Loved that exam! Evidence J was perfect because I was already using Jamie Oliver for promoting healthy eating to school children in my essays. When I saw this I was so happy.
Started on section B which took me 60 mins but I know I've done well. Didn't take me long to answer this good old Jamie questions.
2 markers were fine - merit good and social costs.
20 marker - assess the case for limiting the availability of free NHS treatment.
30 marker - should the UK government regulate the food industry.

Love you Edexcel
did you have to incorporate evidence J in every answer or could it be any evidence? I thought evidence J was nothing new, kind of just repeated the evidence we had already been given?
Reply 72
How did everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending