The Student Room Group

Self teaching AS English Language

Ok I'm on a gap year and I want to self teach AS English Lang so I can sit the exam in June 2014.

How do I start exactly? I'm a bit confused with it.

I have decided to do AQA English Lang B.
I will hire a tutor to mark my coursework.
I've had a look at the specification but I don't know how to begin...

Thanks.
Bump!!
Bump...
Bump for OP
Original post by thatitootoo
Bump for OP

Original post by FlavaFavourFruit

You're welcome!

Is your old school willing to accept you as a private candidate?
Does the AS have any coursework? Finding a centre to acomodate coursework subjects is about half the battle...lol
Original post by thatitootoo
You're welcome!

Is your old school willing to accept you as a private candidate?
Does the AS have any coursework? Finding a centre to acomodate coursework subjects is about half the battle...lol

Nope but I will try looking at other local colleges in my area that'll accept private candidates.

Yeah English language has coursework and I've messaged AQA and they've said I can hire a private tutor to authenticate my coursework :biggrin:
Since we are messaging about it anyway, we can just discuss it on PM :smile:
Original post by bubble999
Since we are messaging about it anyway, we can just discuss it on PM :smile:

Haha yup! I made this thread yesterday :tongue:
Reply 9
I basically self-teach English Language (I'm doing A2 now). It's really just learning terminology, some creative writing and analysing texts. There is little teaching involved really, so I think you'd do quite well.
Hey, I'm doing the exact same thing and wanting to take my exams and hand in my coursework for June 2014. I haven't been able to find a centre that will authenticate my coursework though and kind of not sure where to start... any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending