The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Birmingham Conservatoire Sept 2014 entry? :-)

Scroll to see replies

Is everyone living at opal? About 90% of conservatoire students live there at the moment and when I was there visiting friends last week some people came round to tell them about changes for next year which will probably include a bus service to and from the conservatoire, plus they are building on site practice rooms for us! (Thought this was pretty cool)

When it comes to applying for any accommodation though, we need our university application number don't we? Has anyone got this from the college yet? I want to get applying sorted :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Hi Joannaac14, I'm living at Opal next year - that's really cool, I didn't know about the practice room idea! I applied for accommodation there through 'CRM Students; if you type 'CRM Students Birmingham' into Google you can then select Opal 1, and apply fairly easily from there. You don't need an application number, I don't think - at least, I didn't, and I've received my tenancy agreement so I guess it's okay! I'm not sure if they still have this but there's some kind of 'early bird discount' if you apply before are certain time - pretty useful! :smile:
Original post by KatieKate96
Hi Joannaac14, I'm living at Opal next year - that's really cool, I didn't know about the practice room idea! I applied for accommodation there through 'CRM Students; if you type 'CRM Students Birmingham' into Google you can then select Opal 1, and apply fairly easily from there. You don't need an application number, I don't think - at least, I didn't, and I've received my tenancy agreement so I guess it's okay! I'm not sure if they still have this but there's some kind of 'early bird discount' if you apply before are certain time - pretty useful! :smile:

Hi! :biggrin: I'm guessing from your picture you're a violinist? I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I was going to do that but for some reason they've taken Opal down from CRM students and you can't book through the conservatoire without the number haha, it's so frustrating! I may just apply through the original Opal 1 website, but it's quite old and obviously CRM have taken it over so I don't really know if I can. :P What sort of room have you applied for?
Reply 23
Hi Joannaac14, I applied for my accommodation through the room service thing on the conservatoire website, and I think I found my university application number in the e-mail they sent me with details of my offer. It was pretty straight forward from there, but I had a problem with something so I rang the accommodation office at BCU and the man there was really helpful! Really excited to meet everyone, hopefully we'll all be living together or near each other!
Original post by singer
Hi Joannaac14, I applied for my accommodation through the room service thing on the conservatoire website, and I think I found my university application number in the e-mail they sent me with details of my offer. It was pretty straight forward from there, but I had a problem with something so I rang the accommodation office at BCU and the man there was really helpful! Really excited to meet everyone, hopefully we'll all be living together or near each other!

Hi! ohhhhhh I didn't realise that my uni application number was on the email! I've just created an account on the BCU website but it says I have to pay £350?! Did you? I swear the booking fee for opal was £250? It's sooooo much money..... At the moment all the conservatoire students live in one block so we'll definitely be near each other and lots of us will probably be in the same flat :biggrin: So excited for freshers and meeting everyone :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by joannaac14
Hi! ohhhhhh I didn't realise that my uni application number was on the email! I've just created an account on the BCU website but it says I have to pay £350?! Did you? I swear the booking fee for opal was £250? It's sooooo much money..... At the moment all the conservatoire students live in one block so we'll definitely be near each other and lots of us will probably be in the same flat :biggrin: So excited for freshers and meeting everyone :biggrin:

I haven't paid any money yet - you make an application and when they approve your application (I think it's around May) they ask you for the deposit which is the £350. When you fill out the application they ask you to put down 6 choices for accommodation but I don't think it really matters what you put for the other 5 as long as Opal 1 is your first choice. Hope this helps!
Original post by singer
I haven't paid any money yet - you make an application and when they approve your application (I think it's around May) they ask you for the deposit which is the £350. When you fill out the application they ask you to put down 6 choices for accommodation but I don't think it really matters what you put for the other 5 as long as Opal 1 is your first choice. Hope this helps!

Ah right that does make it better, I thought I had to pay it now! Thank you :smile:
Ahhhhh guys there's officially a freshers page for us! :biggrin: Get joining! xxx

https://www.facebook.com/groups/579667225460650/
Hi guys, anyone got an offer for composition ? :smile:
Can someone help with the accomodation application? I'm the page where I apply and it want's me to make six choices, but I only want to select Opal 1!
Original post by GreenNinja
Can someone help with the accomodation application? I'm the page where I apply and it want's me to make six choices, but I only want to select Opal 1!

Hey there! Don't worry - I was really confused too! Basically, even if you select six others you'll get opal, because we get priority :smile: I had the same problem. Alternatively, you can go to this website: http://www.clvuk.com/

just click on locations, select Birmingham and then click "book now". You'll have to register but doing it through the actual company website is so much easier, I was told (after I'd already done mine, typical!) :P CLV is the company that has bought Opal to stop it from going into administration.

Hope this helped! :smile: What instrument are you studying?
Has anyone who applied through the Birmingham conservatoire website heard back about accommodation yet ? :smile:
Original post by Festethefool
Has anyone who applied through the Birmingham conservatoire website heard back about accommodation yet ? :smile:

I have :smile:
Hi guys, anyone got an offer for composition ? :smile:

Me!

Hi Which programm are you in?
me!, but i am a foraing man, i am from Colombia and i'm still here in my Country. Which programm are you in?
Original post by joannaac14
I have :smile:

What did they say? The only thing I got was that my emergency contact details were incorrect... haha

I have! and ive been given my flat no. and room too :smile: im in flat 19a, was wondering if there are any people that are in the same flat??? :smile:
Original post by GreenNinja
What did they say? The only thing I got was that my emergency contact details were incorrect... haha

Ohh right, that happened to me too! Basically just change them - they can't process your application properly until that bit is correct :smile: after you change it they will send you a room offer! :smile:
Original post by Luisdelgado
Me!

Hi Which programm are you in?

Ah cool! :smile:

I am just doing standard composition :smile: What about you?
Do you know anyone else who is doing it? :smile:
Original post by jwebber1995
I have! and ive been given my flat no. and room too :smile: im in flat 19a, was wondering if there are any people that are in the same flat??? :smile:

Mine just says processing :-/ do you think I have done something wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending