The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy BSc 2014

Hey everyone,

I've applied to do Occupational Therapy at UEA, Canterbury Christ, Southbank, Oxford Brooks and Northampton. I sent mine off last friday but I haven't heard anything as of yet. Has anyone else got any offers yet?

Scroll to see replies

Got interviews for uea, bournemouth & cardiff:smile:
Reply 2
Hey, don't worry about it too much, most people don't get interviews until a week or sometimes 2 after they've sent it off. You'll have plenty of offers rolling in soon I'm sure :smile:

I've got interviews from, Coventry, Cumbria and Northampton so far :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by LauraDuffy
Hey, don't worry about it too much, most people don't get interviews until a week or sometimes 2 after they've sent it off. You'll have plenty of offers rolling in soon I'm sure :smile:

I've got interviews from, Coventry, Cumbria and Northampton so far :biggrin:

Congrats on the interviews! When did you send your UCAS form off?
Reply 4
Original post by 110Dotdotdot1234
Got interviews for uea, bournemouth & cardiff:smile:

Congrats! When did you send your UCAS off? This waiting game is infuriating haha. Let me know how it goes :-)
Reply 5
Thankyou! I sent mine off around 2-3 weeks ago :smile:
Original post by enyacurran
Congrats! When did you send your UCAS off? This waiting game is infuriating haha. Let me know how it goes :-)

I sent mine off on the 23rd if October so ages and ages ago! But got an invite for an interview after a week for uea and cardiff and bournemouth took weeks! So don't worry! You will hear from them!:smile:
Reply 7
I live quite far from the uni's I've applied to and train + accommodations is really starting to cost me. Has/is anyone experiencing from these issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi , I have applied to UEA, Plymouth, Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christ Church and I sent my application on the 15 th October. No offers. No interviews apart from Brookes. My interview was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything either way and I feel so nervous - any tips?

Thankyou in advance x
Original post by Polkadot2
Hi , I have applied to UEA, Plymouth, Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christ Church and I sent my application on the 15 th October. No offers. No interviews apart from Brookes. My interview was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything either way and I feel so nervous - any tips?

Thankyou in advance x

oh wow! That's earlier than mine and I thought I sent mine off early- 23rd October & got interviews for 3.

how did your interview go and what did you do, any advice would be brill as I have my uea one on Wednesday! Eeeeek! And to answer your question, I would personally ask the unis!!x
Reply 10
Hi :smile: I've applied for Derby, Cumbria, Sheffield Hallam, York St John and Teesside University. I sent in my application around the start of November and have had Interview offers for Derby, Cumbria and Teesside. I have my first interview for Derby this Friday and I'm nervous :smile: Any advice? what to wear? I want to make a good impression but not over the top formal, plus there is a group activity. Cumbria is my first choice though :smile: I have that interview in January. Still waiting for Sheffield Hallam and York St John to get back to me.
Reply 11
oh wow! That's earlier than mine and I thought I sent mine off early- 23rd October & got interviews for 3.

how did your interview go and what did you do, any advice would be brill as I have my uea one on Wednesday! Eeeeek! And to answer your question, I would personally ask the unis!!x

I thought it went really well :smile: It was a group interview : it started by having a tour of the OT section and then we watched a video and we had to do a written task for 30 mins (answering 2 questions- DW this was really simple, feel free to message me for more info) . Split into groups of 6- given a task (discuss a scenario) then we were asked individual questions in front of the group (prepare for this eg: how do your friends describe you.) Some people at Brookes said they had the UEA one too so they will know what to expect (maybe - can you tell me what happens at the UEA one please? )
I thought it went really well :smile: It was a group interview : it started by having a tour of the OT section and then we watched a video and we had to do a written task for 30 mins (answering 2 questions- DW this was really simple, feel free to message me for more info) . Split into groups of 6- given a task (discuss a scenario) then we were asked individual questions in front of the group (prepare for this eg: how do your friends describe you.) Some people at Brookes said they had the UEA one too so they will know what to expect (maybe - can you tell me what happens at the UEA one please? )

glad to hear it went well! How long were you there for?:smile: yes, ofc I will let you know- I'm bricking it though! Ahhhh haha
Reply 13
glad to hear it went well! How long were you there for?:smile: yes, ofc I will let you know- I'm bricking it though! Ahhhh haha

Started at 12:15 and everyone had left by 15:30 :smile:
I've applied for OT at Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth, Brunel, Canterbury Christchutch and Southampton. UCAS was sent off last week and so far I've received a conditional offer from Brunel with no interview.

Thankyou in advance x

Hello! I wouldn't worry because uni's have until May to make any offers, but I can't imagine it taking that long. You sent yours off very early (well done) so that could be a reason why it's taking abit longer as they're still receiving/interviewing everyone else. Good luck!
Original post by Catherine_H
I've applied for OT at Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth, Brunel, Canterbury Christchutch and Southampton. UCAS was sent off last week and so far I've received a conditional offer from Brunel with no interview.

Hello! I wouldn't worry because uni's have until May to make any offers, but I can't imagine it taking that long. You sent yours off very early (well done) so that could be a reason why it's taking abit longer as they're still receiving/interviewing everyone else. Good luck!

What are your predicted grades/as grades?? So annoyed should have applied for brunel:frown:
Reply 16
Original post by HeatherC19
Hi :smile: I've applied for Derby, Cumbria, Sheffield Hallam, York St John and Teesside University. I sent in my application around the start of November and have had Interview offers for Derby, Cumbria and Teesside. I have my first interview for Derby this Friday and I'm nervous :smile: Any advice? what to wear? I want to make a good impression but not over the top formal, plus there is a group activity. Cumbria is my first choice though :smile: I have that interview in January. Still waiting for Sheffield Hallam and York St John to get back to me.

I also have an interview at Derby this Friday! I'm thinking of wearing just a black skirt and smart top :smile: I'm a bit worried about the group activities that includes a written task.. don't really know how to prepare! Good luck :smile:
What are your predicted grades/as grades?? So annoyed should have applied for brunel:frown:

I'm predicted D*D*D as I do btec :smile: I wasn't actually planning to apply to Brunel but its one of my favourites now after reading up on it. Good luck!
Reply 18
Original post by c_woodley
I also have an interview at Derby this Friday! I'm thinking of wearing just a black skirt and smart top :smile: I'm a bit worried about the group activities that includes a written task.. don't really know how to prepare! Good luck :smile:

I'm wearing black jeans and a nice black top :smile: Nervous about it tomorrow though knowing me I'd end up getting lost or something. A bit nervous about the group stuff and one to one interview but hopefully I'll be alright :smile: good luck!
Reply 19
hi HeatherC19,
how did your interview go? was the group stuff difficult, I was thinking of applying to derby but scared of this.
good luck

Quick Reply

Latest