The Student Room Group

Confusing

Hey,
So me and my friend weren't really interacting with our other friends, not as much as before and they thought that we werent talking to them. We didnt really talk for like 4 weeks and then they started to annoy me by saying stuff about us behind our backs. So then, I decided to sort things out because it was really childish and I didnt want to waste my time thinking about the situation 24/7. Now that we're friends, my other friend is becoming quite close with one of them and its annoying me because when we're alone she doesnt interact alot and she doesn't act the way she normally does around with the others. She also started talking to these girls she told me she doesnt like so Im really confused.
Shes becoming distant and doesnt talk to me that much and I'm scared because shes my best friend.
Reply 1
Sounds to me like they're jealous of you and might be trying to turn your friend against you. Can you think of any reason why they might be jealous or perhaps something you have done?
Reply 2
Original post by Post-grad
Sounds to me like they're jealous of you and might be trying to turn your friend against you. Can you think of any reason why they might be jealous or perhaps something you have done?

I have no idea what I have done, its really frustrating. They also done that last year and I just started becoming distant with them and stopped hanging out with them. Then they asked me why and I told them why so I have no idea why its becoming a thing with them now.
Reply 3
Are you quite geeky/brainy - perhaps they're jealous?
Reply 4
Are you quite geeky/brainy - perhaps they're jealous?

I wouldn't class myself as a nerd or anything however I do try my best in all my subjects. I go to the library occasionally and revise as much as I can. They might be annoyed at the fact that I rarely go out with them because I study and I just dont like going out with friends.
Reply 5
That's fine, nothing wrong with that. Just find friends who accept you the way you are. Don't change yourself just so they'll accept you.

Carry on doing what you do and don't make it obvious that you think they're ignoring you. Just be yourself.
Reply 6
That's fine, nothing wrong with that. Just find friends who accept you the way you are. Don't change yourself just so they'll accept you.

Carry on doing what you do and don't make it obvious that you think they're ignoring you. Just be yourself.

I just feel the need to somehow impress one of the girls by saying stuff because I just don't like it when I see them together having fun and joking around because it makes me feel like I'm not needed there.
Reply 7
Original post by Beth____
I just feel the need to somehow impress one of the girls by saying stuff because I just don't like it when I see them together having fun and joking around because it makes me feel like I'm not needed there.

Herein lies your problem. You're jealous and you feel you need to impress someone to feel accepted. Try flipping the situation around and saying to yourself that you don't need them.

Find other friends as these clearly aren't true friends.
Reply 8
Herein lies your problem. You're jealous and you feel you need to impress someone to feel accepted. Try flipping the situation around and saying to yourself that you don't need them.

Find other friends as these clearly aren't true friends.

I try to stop myself from doing so because when I get home one of the girls watsapp me and we start talking. We talk about random things and i don't feel the need to impress her but when we get to school shes acts all weird.
I have no idea what to do.
Reply 9
It's called peer pressure and the other friends are pressurising her to behave in a certain way. Don't get duped into behaving like them. Be yourself, ignore their behaviour.

Perhaps ask her why she does it if you can face-to-face, not using any messanger or virtual method. That way you can judge better by watching her expressions.

If you don't get an answer, you may need to consider slowly severing ties with your friend if she continues to act differently at school.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
It's called peer pressure and the other friends are pressurising her to behave in a certain way. Don't get duped into behaving like them. Be yourself, ignore their behaviour.

Perhaps ask her why she does it if you can face-to-face, not using any messanger or virtual method. That way you can judge better by watching her expressions.

If you don't get an answer, you may need to consider slowly severing ties with your friend if she continues to act differently at school.

okay, I will. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending