The Student Room Group

Doing PPE outside of Oxford - is it worth it?

How reputable is the PPE degree from institutions like York/Durham/Exeter/Warwick/Manchester when concerning its' value and employment outlook.

There is a domestic PPE brand, but for outsiders at least from my experience, as soon as they hear the word "Philosophy" they think it's "impractical"(although this course is too available abroad). I suppose the Oxford brand overpowers it, but is it worthy of taking PPE from places like Durham and still knowing you have a reputable degree that can get you onto a good graduate degree course or a well paid job?

Of course there is also a choice to take Politics/Economics which is available at many more places, although personally I think it doesn't have that name to it as PPE does, do you?

Anyone who has participated or currently is undertaking the PPE degree outside of Oxford, is more than encouraged to comment on their perspectives and outcomes, together with the outcomes of their classmates.

Getting a first in PPE, how easy would it be to get onto a postgraduate degree in disciplines such as Economics/Global Studies and Governing/MBA/ or Diplomacy at universities like Oxford and Cambridge?

Kind Regards
Reply 1
Hi, I've applied to PPE at Oxford, Manchester, and Warwick; I too am now having second thoughts as to whether it would be worth studying PPE outside of Oxford and what doors it would open to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I've just got an offer from Manchester to do PPE and can't decide either. The other courses I've applied for are just straight Politics (apart from Hull) and I'm undecided about the value of PPE too
Reply 3
I will probably just do Pol&Phil at LSE when I get my rejection letter from oxford lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending