The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for 2015 entry nursing?

I'm having a gap year after I finish college so I can get more experience before going to uni, and I'm going to apply next year instead of this year so I can put new experiences on my personal statement. Just wondering if anyone else is deferring or taking a gap because I'd love to know what you plan on doing for it :smile: I'll be applying for Mental Health Nursing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Skrittles
I'm having a gap year after I finish college so I can get more experience before going to uni, and I'm going to apply next year instead of this year so I can put new experiences on my personal statement. Just wondering if anyone else is deferring or taking a gap because I'd love to know what you plan on doing for it :smile: I'll be applying for Mental Health Nursing.

I am applying to Mental Health Nursing courses this year for 2015 entry and taking a gap year. I'm just going to get a job with the NHS as a healthcare assistant or get a job in a nursing home so that I can get more experience first, and get money to help me pay for university. I put all of this on my personal statement already :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RealThrill
I am applying to Mental Health Nursing courses this year for 2015 entry and taking a gap year. I'm just going to get a job with the NHS as a healthcare assistant or get a job in a nursing home so that I can get more experience first, and get money to help me pay for university. I put all of this on my personal statement already :smile:

Oh wow, that's what I want to do, apply for HCA jobs, but like I said, I still haven't applied this year because I'd like to write about my experiences on my PS, where have you applied? My only definites are York and Leeds so far
Reply 3
Oh wow, that's what I want to do, apply for HCA jobs, but like I said, I still haven't applied this year because I'd like to write about my experiences on my PS, where have you applied? My only definites are York and Leeds so far

You could apply this year and put it on your PS then you would be able to sound determined in any interview. I've applied to Southampton, Surrey, Keele, Oxford Brookes and Bournemouth. Surrey is so good for nursing! Worth having a look :smile:
Reply 4
You could apply this year and put it on your PS then you would be able to sound determined in any interview. I've applied to Southampton, Surrey, Keele, Oxford Brookes and Bournemouth. Surrey is so good for nursing! Worth having a look :smile:

I suppose I could, but I'm resitting gcse maths and I'd like to have that completed before I apply. I'm considering Oxford Brookes, but I'm from Leeds and id like to stay up north really :smile:
Hi!
I'm not taking a gap year, but I am planning on applying for Mental Health Nursing for 2015 entry! I'm in year 12 so 2015 is the year I will be starting university.
Quite like to apply to KCL, Manchester Uni and possibly Swansea. Also going to look into other universities that have been mentioned on here :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ChloeRogers97
Hi!
I'm not taking a gap year, but I am planning on applying for Mental Health Nursing for 2015 entry! I'm in year 12 so 2015 is the year I will be starting university.
Quite like to apply to KCL, Manchester Uni and possibly Swansea. Also going to look into other universities that have been mentioned on here :smile:

I definitely recommend looking at Surrey, they are the only university I know of with such good nursing facilities. They use dummies that are so realistic. You probably don't think you'll find the normal nursing facilities for mental health nursing but, for the first year, you do general nursing :smile:
Reply 7
I definitely recommend looking at Surrey, they are the only university I know of with such good nursing facilities. They use dummies that are so realistic. You probably don't think you'll find the normal nursing facilities for mental health nursing but, for the first year, you do general nursing :smile:

Thats the same as York, and they have a mock ward to practice in, use dummies that have pulses and can actually 'die' hahah, plus they have days where some students act as patients for the day, whilst the rest practice on them :smile:
Reply 8

Thats the same as York, and they have a mock ward to practice in, use dummies thy have pulses and can actually 'die' hahah, plus they have days where some students act as patients for the day, whilst the rest practice on them :smile:
Reply 9
Thats the same as York, and they have a mock ward to practice in, use dummies thy have pulses and can actually 'die' hahah, plus they have days where some students act as patients for the day, whilst the rest practice on them :smile:

Yeah, that's exactly the same as Surrey and they also have a mock flat where they set up scenarios, and an operating theatre that is so cool! Haha :smile:
hey, I've applied for OT in 2015. Already got accepted on condition offers but does anyone know when to apply for student finance?
Reply 11

I've done the exact same thing, although now I cant decide whether to start at manchester in 2015 or at bangor in 2014! I think Im leaning towards manchester at the moment though, as that was my original plan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I have an offer to start mental health nursing in march 2015 at Chester :smile: I've not taken a gap year so I'm just doing my a levels now x
I've accepted my Unconditional offer for Bucks New Uni for the Feb 2015 intake for Children's Nursing :smile:
Reply 14
Ive got an unconditional offer to study mental health nursing at Sheffield Hallam starting in March 2015 :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by holliej
I have an offer to start mental health nursing in march 2015 at Chester :smile: I've not taken a gap year so I'm just doing my a levels now x

I have applied for the same course and intake. Had my interview today so fingers crossed ...
Reply 16
I've accepted my conditional offer to study Mental Health Nursing March 2015. Does anybody know how our holidays work out though?
Reply 17
Original post by Shae_28
I've accepted my conditional offer to study Mental Health Nursing March 2015. Does anybody know how our holidays work out though?

Not sure im afraid, how come you're starting in March instead of September though?
Reply 18
Original post by emma81x
I have applied for the same course and intake. Had my interview today so fingers crossed ...

How did it go?! X
Reply 19
Original post by holliej
How did it go?! X

I got an unconditional offer 2 days later. I accepted it pretty soon after:smile:

Very excited to start now.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending