The Student Room Group

Have you ever been on telly?

not on the telly but i was in the local newspaper a few years ago

but my brother was on telly for about 2 seconds for GCSE results a few years ago.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hbk4894
not on the telly but i was in the local newspaper a few years ago

but my brother was on telly for about 2 seconds for GCSE results a few years ago.

I was on BBC Breakfast like 8 years ago for 10 seconds. It was something to do with my primary school.
Yeah I was for a bit, the FA came to our school and it was shown on sky and BBC :biggrin:
Reply 3
When britains got talent first started i went to see the auditions in london. people told me they saw me in the adverts for it as a laughing audience member
Original post by VictoriaCoolio
I was on BBC Breakfast like 8 years ago for 10 seconds. It was something to do with my primary school.

I was as well :| They tricked us into making kids look bad for eating unhealthy food :mad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah briefly. The UK Inter Counties Cross Country used to be on Sky Sports 2/3, and I've run in it four times (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009).

Was in the audience for a Channel 4 chat show a year ago too and the camera quickly panned over me :biggrin:

Edit: How could I forget! I was at the TSR offices for results day this year, the local news were there and spoke to another of the mods, I was just sat there looking gormless :indiff:
(edited 10 years ago)
I nearly got on tv once.
I was on holiday in weymouth and matt baker (has been on blue peter, the one show etc) was in the area. That evening he was doing some live bit for the one show on the beach opposite our caravan site. We hung around trying to get on in the background, but unfortunately didnt get on. My grandma had taped it just in case we got on as well.
We had met him earlier that day and had our photo took with him across the road from our caravan site.
Apparently, yeah.
The BBC came and filmed my chemistry lesson in year nine/ten. It was supposed to be on the news that night, but me, being stupid and all, watched the ITV news instead :doh: So I never got to see it :s-smilie:
Original post by Ladders
When britains got talent first started i went to see the auditions in london. people told me they saw me in the adverts for it as a laughing audience member

Can u sign something if you don't want to appear on tv. They always catch people slipping :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
yeah I was singing and did quite a few shows
everyday.
Reply 11
I was on BBC News report when they came to my school in year 6. Me being a diva turned away from the camera 'Gosh I wish they'd lead me alone in public!'
Reply 12
Yeah:

Try to guess which one I am.
Reply 13
Original post by Secretnerd123
Can u sign something if you don't want to appear on tv. They always catch people slipping :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My very very vague memory recalls there being a warning of some sort that the cameras would be on the audience, and all you can do is decide not to go :smile:

Original post by Kiss

Try to guess which one I am.

1:57 the one in yellow.
Reply 14
I have been interviewed on the news and also featured on TV at the darts. Fortunately I was not in fancy dress, nor did I feel the need to pull a stupid face.

I was interviewed for Radio 1 during the 2006 World Cup because they were doing a feature on young Scots' perception of the England football team. I was the only one interviewed who was supporting England and I was also the only one who did not make it on to air. The unbiased BBC, eh?
Reply 15
Having travelled to see the live recording of The One Show outside The Sage (that's the theatre venue, not a wise and distinguished member of the city) at Gateshead , I started to make my way over the Gateshead Millenium 'Blinking Eye' bridge to get something to eat.

They just happened to be about to start the tug of war and were looking for a few more people for one side that had a smaller number of people on it than the other. I got on the end of what became the winning team and am only slightly visible in the distance. You literally just need to hold on to a rope and either go along for the ride or have weight and bullheadedness.

This is only the second show that I have seen being recorded and I'm sure I can't be alone in saying that it always looks a lot more fun on the television. Although in the case of The One Show that's seems a a bit like saying that Hitler was not as bad a painter as he'd been made out to be.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
I was a contestant on Raven haha and I was on Smile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I was a blurry member of the crowd on Match of the Day once. That's about as impressive as it gets...
I was interviewed on ITV Anglia news when I was in year 6 because our head teacher had gone mental and banned hot cross buns from school. They asked me if I liked hot cross buns and I said no even though I actually do like them..
Reply 19
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I was interviewed on ITV Anglia news when I was in year 6 because our head teacher had gone mental and banned hot cross buns from school. They asked me if I liked hot cross buns and I said no even though I actually do like them..

I REMEMBER THIS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest