The Student Room Group

Want to room in with a guy I just met..

hey guys. So basically I'm sick and tired of living alone and want to room in with someone. I'm a guy btw. All my friends either live on their own or at home. I met this guy a few days ago, well actually, I've known him for a few months but we never actually got close until yesterday. We talked for a few hours and bonded and stuff and turns out, we have lots of common.

I was just wondering, would it be alright if I asked him if I can move in with him? Apparently, he doesn't like his roommate much, so I'm thinking maybe him and me could like be roomies. I thought it would be awkward to ask him this since we're not close friends but I really think that the 2 of us can hit it off and be good friends, and what best if we were actually roomies!

So should I go for it and ask him or spend more time with him first then ask him? I just dont want it to be awkward and embarrass myself. Thanks!
Reply 1
What are you planning for the existing roommate, knocking him off and a shallow grave?
Reply 2
Original post by Crumpet1
What are you planning for the existing roommate, knocking him off and a shallow grave?

lol no, we can get a new room for us
Reply 3
wut? you share a room with someone?
is this UK university (presuming you're at uni?) or America?
Reply 4
Original post by Blazinq

Surely America, be amazed if it isnt.
Reply 5
Original post by Blazinq

Original post by utr
Surely America, be amazed if it isnt.

Yeah, the States. It's actually a semi private room (separate rooms but joined with a shared kitchen and bathroom). Should I go ahead and ask him?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
lol no, we can get a new room for us

But seriously. You don't have to be roommates to be good friends. Why not just enjoy his company and get to know him without the extra pressure of living in close proximity? That way he won't be put off you by whatever antisocial habits you might have.
Just ask him. You're kind of over complicating things, you make it sound like you're asking him out. Unless you like him? In which case I would advice against it as you may end up hating each other if things go bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
But seriously. You don't have to be roommates to be good friends. Why not just enjoy his company and get to know him without the extra pressure of living in close proximity? That way he won't be put off you by whatever antisocial habits you might have.

I know that but I'm looking for a roommate anyway.. and I don't have any antisocial habits :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Just ask him. You're kind of over complicating things, you make it sound like you're asking him out. Unless you like him? In which case I would advice against it as you may end up hating each other if things go bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no it's just that me and him really clicked! So it's perfectly normal to ask him to room in with him whatever stage of "friendship" we have right now?
Reply 10
I'm serious, I need your opinions guy! Please help :frown:
Reply 11
I'm serious, I need your opinions guy! Please help :frown:

Grow some balls and ask him
Reply 12
But seriously. You don't have to be roommates to be good friends . Why not just enjoy his company and get to know him without the extra pressure of living in close proximity? That way he won't be put off you by whatever antisocial habits you might have.

I know that lol but like I said I'm looking for a roomie someone I at least know so that's why I picked him
Reply 13
Original post by utr
Grow some balls and ask him

Lol . So u dont think it's gunna be awkward?
Reply 14
Lol . So u dont think it's gunna be awkward?

It will be as awkward as you choose to make it. You make it sound like you are asking him on a date!
Reply 15
Original post by utr
It will be as awkward as you choose to make it. You make it sound like you are asking him on a date!

haha, looking back at it, it seems like it. lol. Fine, I'll ask him :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending