The Student Room Group

How to get a 2:1 Uni degree?

Currently, I am in my third year degree at uni. In coursework i get 40% or 50% sumtimes 60% in my coursework but i struggle with exam revision, then i get low marks in my exam which my averages comes out to 40% which is a 3rd year. Next year I want to do Master they want 2:1 and i don't think i will get 2:1. How can i get better results in my exams nd assignments. Wht things can i improve on? Any suggestions plz help :frown:.
(edited 10 years ago)
what course are you doing? & what did you get in your first year & second?
Reply 2
Study longer.
All I can say is for coursework, look at examples of essays that have received a first. That's what I do. I study the techniques used and the way in which they approach their essay. Also, use a lot of sources in your essay.

For instance, "The scholar Louisa May approaches goal setting with a cautious standpoint. She reiterates in her paper how it can advocate short term thinking, which is dangerous in organisational sceneries. Liam Day opposes this view point and reinstates the positivity of goal setting, essentially asserting that goal setting will 'almost definitely lead to higher efficiency'.".

This is a simple example, but you get the point. Try and use the same technique in exams.
Reply 5
Original post by laskmi
Currently, I am in my third year degree at uni. In coursework i get 40% or 50% sumtimes 60% in my coursework but i struggle with exam revision, then i get low marks in my exam which my averages comes out to 40% which is a 3rd year. Next year I want to do Master they want 2:1 and i don't think i will get 2:1. How can i get better results in my exams nd assignments. Wht things can i improve on? Any suggestions plz help :frown:.

What course you doing?

Why dont you speak to your tutorial teachers and tell them WHY AM I GETTING SO LOW?

are ther any support classes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending