This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

"In the feminised West, to be male is to be guilty."

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
"In the feminised West, to be male is to be guilty."

Discuss.

I would not go that far necessarily. However, males are certainly discriminated against in both education and the legal system.
Reply 2
That's not really true. No sex is discriminated against more than the other.
Original post by thoyub
That's not really true. No sex is discriminated against more than the other.

Apart from all men being completely shafted when it comes to both the divorce courts and child custody courts.
Original post by uktotalgamer
Apart from all men being completely shafted when it comes to both the divorce courts and child custody courts.

Not to mention when we're statutorily raped by adults.
Not really? :lolwut:
Reply 6
Surprisingly about 40% of men are victims of domestic violence and are often ignored by police
Reply 7
I think some of you do not actually understand what feminism actually is...

"All" is a bit misleading. I'm friends with loads of guys who're happy as anything about their child custody arrangements. The only man I know who has been denied unsupervised visiting rights was arrested for beating his wife and child.

Not saying that family courts don't have issues but to claim all men are shafted by them is overstating and weakens your argument.

(Not commenting on divorce court cases - all the people I know who've divorced have managed to do so fairly amicably without resorting to the courts)
Reply 9
I didn't think of that, unfair seeing as men are better and more competent at looking after children than women are.

But in many other areas, being a male is just the same as being a female. Both sexes can do certain things without being discriminated against.
Original post by PQ
"All" is a bit misleading. I'm friends with loads of guys who're happy as anything about their child custody arrangements. The only man I know who has been denied unsupervised visiting rights was arrested for beating his wife and child.

Not saying that family courts don't have issues but to claim all men are shafted by them is overstating and weakens your argument.

(Not commenting on divorce court cases - all the people I know who've divorced have managed to do so fairly amicably without resorting to the courts)

I would say you arguing with a fellow bloke undermines my argument.. Huh. So much for we're all in this together.

Countless case after countless case shows that males are generally whipped in the courtroom. I can't find the link but there was a case in Canada not too long ago where basically a woman got away with murder...
I would say you arguing with a fellow bloke undermines my argument.. Huh. So much for we're all in this together.

Countless case after countless case shows that males are generally whipped in the courtroom. I can't find the link but there was a case in Canada not too long ago where basically a woman got away with murder...

A) I'm not a "fellow bloke"
B) I didn't deny that courts, family courts particularly are unfairly biased against men (I explicitly stated that that is the case) I just said that even with that bias not ALL men get shafted in custody agreements. A substantial number achieve a positive arrangement within the current biased system - which implies that we shouldn't have far to go in order to remove the bias.
Original post by PQ
B) I didn't deny that courts, family courts particularly are unfairly biased against men (I explicitly stated that that is the case) I just said that even with that bias not ALL men get shafted in custody agreements. A substantial number achieve a positive arrangement within the current biased system - which implies that we shouldn't have far to go in order to remove the bias.

You've contradicted yourself. You said "I didn't deny that courts, family courts particularly are unfairly biased against men" yet in the same paragraph "A substantial number achieve a positive arrangement within the current biased system." We either get shafted or we don't. The fact that the courts are so biased in even your opinion proves that we get shafted.
Reply 13
yes, op. men are much more likely than women to be arrested, convicted, spend more time in jail for the exact same crime. and if you are sitting next to an unattended child on a plane you'll probably have to move. because , in case you didn't know it, you are a pedophile. you can literally get away with murder if you are a woman and even confess to it, happened like last week in the UK. check your privilege next time. welcome to the 21st century western world mother****er.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2502813/New-mother-killed-baby-post-natal-depression-spared-jail.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Seriously, OP? Does this topic not ever get boring to you?

If you're so passionate about these things then be the change you want to see in the world! Start campaigning! If you're right about everything then you should have loads of men behind you fighting for your cause! Get off TSR and do something about it!
Original post by Snagprophet
Not to mention when we're statutorily raped by adults.

Also in education, males are neglected.
Original post by snowyowl
Seriously, OP? Does this topic not ever get boring to you?

If you're so passionate about these things then be the change you want to see in the world! Start campaigning! If you're right about everything then you should have loads of men behind you fighting for your cause! Get off TSR and do something about it!

The exact same things could be said about TSR "feminists".
Original post by Rational Thinker
The exact same things could be said about TSR "feminists".

...except women ARE campaigning for change, and DO have plenty of other women behind them supporting their cause.
Original post by PQ

What a weak apology for sexism. Education and the definition of rape are also areas where males are discriminated upon. How grotesque is it that if a female forces sex upon a male they are not charged with rape under UK law.

Latest

Trending

Trending