The Student Room Group

What makes a girl classy?

Last night my female friends and I were discussing this and we are all wondering what makes a girl classy. For example, we like to go out drinking and clubbing but not excessively and we definitely don't get in states like the girls you see on Geordie Shore, The Valleys etc.

We all have our own hobbies ranging from volunteering, charity, dance and media and none of us sleep around excessively but for some reason we don't think we'd be called classy girls, because in our minds a classy girl is Kate Middleton and we're nothing like her.

Any ideas?
Behind every classy girl, is an even classier boy.

So, me. I do.
Before the feminists come and get their panties in a twist - the same things that make guys classy.

Humble, friendly, intelligent, not overly loud and a respectable appearance (looks after themselves health-wise and dresses well).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sassy12
Last night my female friends and I were discussing this and we are all wondering what makes a girl classy. For example, we like to go out drinking and clubbing but not excessively and we definitely don't get in states like the girls you see on Geordie Shore, The Valleys etc.

We all have our own hobbies ranging from volunteering, charity, dance and media and none of us sleep around excessively but for some reason we don't think we'd be called classy girls, because in our minds a classy girl is Kate Middleton and we're nothing like her.

Any ideas?

Well Kate Middleton is definitely classy - Very well dressed, (I assume she doesn't sleep around), well mannered, well spoken (sorry for all the well's :tongue: ), intelligent, she drinks but doesn't get absolutely smashed like a lot of girls who then have no control.

You do not have to class her as a benchmark however as she sets standards very high (remember she's married into royalty).

But the way I define a classy girl is as previously stated when I described Kate Middleton as being Well mannered etc.
Reply 4
Intelligent, mature in outlook, successful, well dressed. There are friendly and aloof sub-sets..
Reply 5
not being a slut/ratchet hoe.
Here's what I think makes a classy girl:

~ She doesn't need someone to complete her; she is her own person, and can be independent.
~ She stays decent in public (e.g: doesn't make public disturbances, and doesn't wear excessively revealing clothes)
~ She does not let people influence her to perform wrongdoings.
Reply 7
Her class?! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
You don't have to be royal or rich to be deemed classy.

The simple manner in which you do everyday things can be 'classy'.
Original post by Sassy12

Any ideas?

Classy to me is the combination of good manners with an awareness of others :smile:

You don't need to go to a boarding school to be classy - plenty of those that do fall short of the two qualities above.
Modesty
Educated, intelligent, decent dress sense, doesn't go out getting absolutely smashed, doesn't wear really revealing clothing
Reply 12
Original post by Ben_K
Well Kate Middleton is definitely classy - Very well dressed, (I assume she doesn't sleep around), well mannered, well spoken (sorry for all the well's :tongue: ), intelligent, she drinks but doesn't get absolutely smashed like a lot of girls who then have no control.

You do not have to class her as a benchmark however as she sets standards very high (remember she's married into royalty).

But the way I define a classy girl is as previously stated when I described Kate Middleton as being Well mannered etc.

I was once at a party in St Andrews where I saw Kate Middleton ripped to the tits. On champagne, mind. Her sister was there too - great arse.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Zarek
I was once at a party in St Andrews where I saw Kate Middleton ripped to the tits

I guess everyone is occasionally, she was a student once after all :smile:
Going to be point out the elephant in the room and say the girls class or socioeconomic status (whatever you want to call it) is a relatively important factor.
I think it's in how a lady conducts herself. She isn't rude or vulgar, doesn't wear clothes that scream "IM DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION/MAN/ SEX". She is always calm, polite and measured around people and out in public; she knows her own mind but is not loud nor boastful about her life and opinions.
I like how you say 'none of us sleep around... excessively', haha.
Reply 17
Original post by MattyR2895
I like how you say 'none of us sleep around... excessively', haha.

Noticed that. :lol:
booo.jpgwhoree.jpg
:rolleyes:
Why does everyone idolize this woman so much? She married into the royal family for goodness' sakes. This naturally compels her to act and dress "classy" but deep inside she's still common as hell.
Original post by Sassy12

Any ideas?

Humility, Compassion, Good sense of humour, doesn't sleep around, isn't easily influenced, is hard to get, is kind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending