The Student Room Group

AS Level Biology Practical Exam

Hi all, we've been given the date of our AS Level Biology practical exam and I'm curious to know if there are many Sixth Form Biology students on here that could tell me what it's like, if I should be nervous about it etc.

I am a bit anxious about it as I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to practicals; although I still get on with it, it takes me a while to get to grips with the instructions.

Any feedback regarding previous experiences or useful tips and advice would be great! Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Marshmallow2
Hi all, we've been given the date of our AS Level Biology practical exam and I'm curious to know if there are many Sixth Form Biology students on here that could tell me what it's like, if I should be nervous about it etc.

I am a bit anxious about it as I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to practicals; although I still get on with it, it takes me a while to get to grips with the instructions.

Any feedback regarding previous experiences or useful tips and advice would be great! Thank you :smile:

Hi, I have my practical soon and I was wondering what kind of questions are on the quantitative, qualitative and evaluative? Any help you could give would be HUGELY appreciated. Cheers :smile: Have you done it yet?
Reply 3
Original post by pasanfernando97
Hi, I have my practical soon and I was wondering what kind of questions are on the quantitative, qualitative and evaluative? Any help you could give would be HUGELY appreciated. Cheers :smile: Have you done it yet?

Hiya, no I've got it in January :frown: I have no idea what it's going to be like :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Any help on the qualitative because we did one and i got a 7 considering that for an A you need 36/40
Original post by khiz
Any help on the qualitative because we did one and i got a 7 considering that for an A you need 36/40

I got 6 out of 20 lool
Reply 6
Original post by toxiictests
I got 6 out of 20 lool

Not bad considering our class got an average of 4 lool, but isnt qualitative out of 10?
Reply 7
Original post by khiz
Hi, I got 5 out of 10 on that one and 7/20 on the evaluative so I'll need to do those again :/
Reply 8
I got 6 out of 20 lool
I only got 7 out of 20 :frown: oops!
Original post by Marshmallow2
I only got 7 out of 20 :frown: oops!

Hehe I blame the stupid coursework.

Original post by khiz
Not bad considering our class got an average of 4 lool, but isnt qualitative out of 10?

I got 8/10, 6/20 and doing the qualitative on friday :P
Reply 10
Ive got one on Friday and one for Chemistry tomorrow any tips appreciated guys!
Reply 11
Is this for OCR BIOLOGY AS?
if it is what was the title of the qualitative ,quantitative and evaluative ?
:smile:
Reply 12
Is this BIOLOGY OCR practicals if it is what was the title for the qualitive and quantitive?
Reply 13
Original post by Ultrahmed2
Is this BIOLOGY OCR practicals if it is what was the title for the qualitive and quantitive?

Yes, i have done one qualitative where we looked at a vascular cambium and one which I have tomorrow is looking at the inhibition of the enzyme catchehol oxidase
Reply 14
Thank you your a boss!! so the second one is the quantitive your going to do tommrow and whats the official title?
Reply 15
Hehe I blame the stupid coursework.

I got 8/10, 6/20 and doing the qualitative on friday :P

what was the evaluation,qualitative and quantitative title for the ISA OCR AS?
I'm doing OCR, not sure what I've gotten :/ I've done my quali and quant and am doing my eval on Monday. I'm crap at experiments and my school's one of the only ones I know that doesn't cheat! Looks like I'm going to have to kill this exam...
Reply 17
Original post by paradoxicalme
I'm doing OCR, not sure what I've gotten :/ I've done my quali and quant and am doing my eval on Monday. I'm crap at experiments and my school's one of the only ones I know that doesn't cheat! Looks like I'm going to have to kill this exam...

WHAT are the titles for each isa's?
aqa?
Reply 19
Original post by khiz
Yes, i have done one qualitative where we looked at a vascular cambium and one which I have tomorrow is looking at the inhibition of the enzyme catchehol oxidase

Hey I am doing the enzyme one on Friday, can you please tell me what questions come up? i failed my last one and this would be a life saver! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending