The Student Room Group

Will I ever break out of expectations?

Feel like I won't really get a boyfriend or be found attractive because of my attractive and confident friends and close friendship group, even when I meet new people they seem to suss out that I am more of a friend type than someone worth actually liking...I don't know why this bothers me but I'm worried about my future relationship prospects if this carries on through uni next year.

Is there anything I can do? I'm not unattractive, but I'm not really confident or 'hot' or anything. Not sure what's holding me back as I know I'm not a horrible person either :/
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Feel like I won't really get a boyfriend or be found attractive because of my attractive and confident friends and close friendship group, even when I meet new people they seem to suss out that I am more of a friend type than someone worth actually liking...I don't know why this bothers me but I'm worried about my future relationship prospects if this carries on through uni next year.

Is there anything I can do? I'm not unattractive, but I'm not really confident or 'hot' or anything. Not sure what's holding me back as I know I'm not a horrible person either :/

Don't worry, you just need a little confidence and you'll be fine :smile:
I personally think that everyone has that something special about them which attracts people.
You're probably putting yourself down because your friends are attractive, I'd stop doing that! ><
Reply 2
Original post by Gjaykay
Don't worry, you just need a little confidence and you'll be fine :smile:
I personally think that everyone has that something special about them which attracts people.
You're probably putting yourself down because your friends are attractive, I'd stop doing that! ><

My expectations are also too high and I honestly can't find anyone locally
Reply 4
YOU are worth it, YOU are wonderful. Anyone who doesn't fight for your attention isn't worth it. Anyone who takes your attention for granted isn't worth it. Anyone who WIMPS out isn't worth it. You will find someone who picks you out of the crowd of people because you are special.

Put yourself out there, take a chance! You'll find your way and the right person.

Fight on, and stay strong.

Love,

Lucym
concentrate on yourself dude
comparing yourself to others rarely leads to a positive trail of thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending