The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Adult nursing interviews at Manchester Met

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Tarneypants
Many reasons really .. Quality of teaching, reputation, placements, location blah blah ... Hope you get MMU, it's just nice to know you blitzed the interview !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I understand what you are saying and I am still not 100% sure yet, But yes I blitzed the interview!! Got offered the place verbally then confirmed on track!!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by lillith
Me too!! are you going to firm MMU?

I don't know ye, I have an interview at Salford on the 14th march but I do love mmu. I only got a conditional as I haven't finished my access course yet and my maths gcse I just hope I meet the conditions. x
Reply 62
Original post by charlieemily
I don't know ye, I have an interview at Salford on the 14th march but I do love mmu. I only got a conditional as I haven't finished my access course yet and my maths gcse I just hope I meet the conditions. x

OMG I genuinely had to read your post about 3 times. I am still doing access and maths, I have an interview for Salford on March14th and hold an offer from MMU. Are you my doppelganger???!!!!
Original post by lillith
OMG I genuinely had to read your post about 3 times. I am still doing access and maths, I have an interview for Salford on March14th and hold an offer from MMU. Are you my doppelganger???!!!!

haha maybe!!! what conditions have mmu gave u?
Reply 64
haha maybe!!! what conditions have mmu gave u?

Oh fabulous conditions NOT!! All level 3 distinctions (45) Which isnt gonna happen as I already have 3 credits at merit and 15 at distinction :s-smilie:
Original post by lillith
Oh fabulous conditions NOT!! All level 3 distinctions (45) Which isnt gonna happen as I already have 3 credits at merit and 15 at distinction :s-smilie:

I have 6 at merit and 12 at distinction so it isn't gonna happen for me either. when I rang ages ago they were asking for 36 at merit level
Reply 66
I have 6 at merit and 12 at distinction so it isn't gonna happen for me either. when I rang ages ago they were asking for 36 at merit level

So they gave you the same conditions as me? Its a shame because I know a few girls who have discounted this course because of this unfeasibly high offer. They were previously going to firm MMU but the offer has now put them off. Very clever girls who will make cracking nurses at their chosen unis.
Original post by lillith
So they gave you the same conditions as me? Its a shame because I know a few girls who have discounted this course because of this unfeasibly high offer. They were previously going to firm MMU but the offer has now put them off. Very clever girls who will make cracking nurses at their chosen unis.

yes it says distinction in all level 3 credits? I rang admissions and asked what if I don't achieve this and they said i'd then go on the waiting list.
I think I may email Neil to confirm the correct information, I will be working very hard still but I am worried that I already have merits
I've had a conditional offer from MMU for adult nursing in September, was so chuffed as it's where I want to go :smile: anyone looked at accommodation yet? X
Reply 70
Original post by georgiekatex
I've had a conditional offer from MMU for adult nursing in September, was so chuffed as it's where I want to go :smile: anyone looked at accommodation yet? X

Would you mind me asking what your conditions are if any?
Reply 71
I think I may email Neil to confirm the correct information, I will be working very hard still but I am worried that I already have merits

Yes I may do this aswell. Neil seems like a very reasonable guy, he must surely realise that 45 distinctions is going to be very hard for anyone to achieve even when (as I am) you are working to your best ability
I live 20 minutes away from mmu and I have a 5 year old son so I'll be staying at home x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lillith
Yes I may do this aswell. Neil seems like a very reasonable guy, he must surely realise that 45 distinctions is going to be very hard for anyone to achieve even when (as I am) you are working to your best ability

I think they just want the best of the best, I'm going to carry on working as I am x

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do want the best students they can get however, keep working hard!! Think positive! Keep working and doing what you are doing :biggrin: Its a brill uni to go to and Neil is lovely so he should get back to you soon :biggrin: !!
Original post by lillith
Would you mind me asking what your conditions are if any?

They asked for all level 3 credits at merit level (I'm doing an access course) I was surprised they were so easy with their conditions as I noticed a few people were given conditions of just distinctions? but I did get A levels a few years ago so maybe that's why xx
Original post by georgiekatex
They asked for all level 3 credits at merit level (I'm doing an access course) I was surprised they were so easy with their conditions as I noticed a few people were given conditions of just distinctions? but I did get A levels a few years ago so maybe that's why xx

yes I've been asked for all distinctions x
Reply 77
I rang yesterday to chase up my application as it had been 2 months. 3 hours later track updated with an unsuccessful. Gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by boltonmum
I rang yesterday to chase up my application as it had been 2 months. 3 hours later track updated with an unsuccessful. Gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww im really sorry to hear that. It helps with ur decision tho now u know salford is defiantly for u :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by jmarie13
Aww im really sorry to hear that. It helps with ur decision tho now u know salford is defiantly for u :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thanks. Im happy with my place at salford just a bit gutted, I couldn't decide which was my favourite. I would've liked to have had the option to choose though! A girl at my college has had an unsuccessful as well today too.

Good luck to everyone else applying though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending