The Student Room Group

Redoing Year 12 With Different A-Levels?

I started college in September studying AS English, Psychology and Textiles and BTEC Media (hoping to drop media after the first year) because I thought that I would enjoy them most, and I didn't really have a career in mind at that point. It's only now after looking up some universities and realising that Textiles isn't really a valued A-Level that I'm panicking because I won't have a strong application. Also Textiles and Psychology are really different to how I expected them and I don't think I can force myself through two years. :frown:
So I'm thinking about re-doing year 12 with different subjects, keeping English to A2 and then taking on two different AS subjects to do to A-Level, (so I'll spend 3 years at college not 2). I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me at all or had been through this? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I did Economics, maths, french and psychology for my AS, got DEEU grades, restarted the year with different subjects. I'm in my final year of studying English lang and lit, psychology and law. I would advise you to take sociology as one of your AS subjects because it's not as intense as other A levels and a lot of people do socio as much as any other subject.

Quick Reply

Latest