The Student Room Group

Orthoptics applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have an offer from Liverpool but no open day invite, however I have been to the open day previously in September- anybody know that this is why?
Reply 61
Got my offer from Liverpool on Tuesday :smile:
Reply 62
I think you should still have got an invite Kate... Email Anna the admissions tutor with your details incase there's been a mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will liverpool email me to confirm that I've been booked at the open day? I just don't want to get there and find out I'm not booked on it, it's a long way to travel :smile: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Anyone going to the Sheffield Orthoptics Applicant day on Friday?! Had my Lpool offer so hoping I don't like Sheffield so my decision can be made easier, but reading this thread I'm not sure that's gunna be the case!
Reply 65
Original post by emzywoo1
Anyone going to the Sheffield Orthoptics Applicant day on Friday?! Had my Lpool offer so hoping I don't like Sheffield so my decision can be made easier, but reading this thread I'm not sure that's gunna be the case!

I'm going on Friday :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Kayleigh96
I'm going on Friday :smile:

Yay :smile: Where else have you applied to?
Original post by Kezzi96
Hey I'm going over to the open day in February, what's it like? or what did you have to do? :smile:

Hiya, It was actually really chilled :smile: Basically all of the applicants went to a lecture hall first and we were given a presentation just about the in and outs of the course...stuff about the timetable for the year, finance, what the course consists of and accommodation. After you get put into groups of about 10 and get your CRB checks done and all the other paperwork, then you get a tour of the department and the library and lastly you just have a group discussion kinda thing with one of the lecturers. The discussion bit is sorta like the interview I guess, but don't worry it's just a few general questions then you can ask any questions yourself :smile: But most of all don't stress, haha I got all worked up for it but they are really chilled about the whole process. Hope I helped you and everyone out a bit :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by emzywoo1
Yay :smile: Where else have you applied to?

Applied to Liverpool, Glasgow and Sheffield for orthoptics
Reply 69
Hello, I have received an offer from Liverpool and I am going to the visit day on the 5th March. I've been sent the information and forms but there was no Programme of Events enclosed in the email. I have emailed the admissions tutor asking for it but it may take a few days to get a response so if anyone here can give me any details of the time I need to be there and the time the visit day will finish I would really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by bayesey
Hello, I have received an offer from Liverpool and I am going to the visit day on the 5th March. I've been sent the information and forms but there was no Programme of Events enclosed in the email. I have emailed the admissions tutor asking for it but it may take a few days to get a response so if anyone here can give me any details of the time I need to be there and the time the visit day will finish I would really appreciate it :smile:

I'm also in the same situation as you, but have not contacted Liverpool. If they get back you, do share it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Could anyone help me in telling me what the dress code was for sheffield! like dont want to be gthe odd one out lol
Reply 72
are many people still waiting to hear from Glasgow??
Reply 73
Original post by khinds
Could anyone help me in telling me what the dress code was for sheffield! like dont want to be gthe odd one out lol

Just wear casual clothes, look presentable but jeans and a top will be fine, that's what I and most wore :smile:
Anyone at the liverpool visit day today? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Did you go today? If so how was it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah :smile: it was better than I was expecting actually :smile: it's thrown me a bit now though, I was set on firming sheffield before, and now I'm not sure haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Glad you liked it at Liverpool Sophie! I'm part of the student ambassador team (I wasn't there on Saturday but you'll have met some of the others). If there are
any questions you need answering to help with your decision then I'll be happy to help.
Are you following us on Facebook (University of Liverpool Orthoptics) or twitter (@LivUniOrthoptic)? We try to keep it updated to give people an idea of what we do here so it might help with your decision.

Katy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Katy :smile: and yes I'm following the twitter account :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Hi Katy,
I just wanted to ask you about the possibilities of doing medicine after the orthoptics degree, how competitive is it? and compared to say Biomedical Sciences, who would have more chance of doing graduate Medicine, a person with orthoptics degree or with Biomedical, say everything else is similar? thank you. Do you know anyone who has been to do medicine after orthoptics

Quick Reply