The Student Room Group

accomodation

This is a very unlikely situation, but does anyone know if you can take your partner in to student accommodation if they aren't a student themselves? Me and my partner are having difficulty finding somewhere to live and I was wondering if this is possible. :confused: Many thanks x
Reply 1
You would have to contact the university if you cannot find information on their website.
I would imagine that the rent would be sky high, though it depends where your uni is.
Reply 2
Normal halls, nope. But some have studio apartments which I think you can, however the rent is stupid. But I'm not to sure since the whole council tax thing and what not. Best to phone the ones you want to go to and see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Technically no, but to be honest I doubt anybody would even notice in a big accommodation setting that you had somebody else in your room all the time. You'd just have to always be there to let them in and out. Unless somebody else reports you for it. I know people who had boyfriends/girlfriends 'staying over' for months at a time.

But some Universities have special accommodation etc. for families and couples. Fairly sure I've read about that in a few places. Might be worth asking about?
Reply 4
Original post by seaholme
Technically no, but to be honest I doubt anybody would even notice in a big accommodation setting that you had somebody else in your room all the time. You'd just have to always be there to let them in and out. Unless somebody else reports you for it. I know people who had boyfriends/girlfriends 'staying over' for months at a time.

But some Universities have special accommodation etc. for families and couples. Fairly sure I've read about that in a few places. Might be worth asking about?

That would be a very very good way to annoy your flat mates, and how can you be sure you don't get one of them .... flat mates that reports you for sneezing too loud let alone anything else, it's a bit risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not into accommodation that's meant for single students I'm afraid, due to the council tax implications.

Best option is to go into halls, make friends and get a good social circle together. Then, in second year you can move in together but still have your own social circle and outside interests (which always helps, I think!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by kumori
That would be a very very good way to annoy your flat mates, and how can you be sure you don't get one of them .... flat mates that reports you for sneezing too loud let alone anything else, it's a bit risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you live in large accommodation e.g. a corridor of 30+ people then you don't really have 'flatmates' or even know who everyone else is, you just know that you see them often. As I said, it would require a situation where nobody would much notice, I'm not advocating it as a wonder solution or anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending